A striker in January

Love_Each_Day said:
Vaz Te for me.
Jesus Christ. I thought the Darren Bent suggestion was horrific enough. Vaz Te's a championship level striker at best. Can't even get a game for West Ham in the cup & you want him to play champions league football for us. Really hope you're joking.

sam-caddick said:
Have we been linked with Paulo Dybala yet?

Scoring regularly in Serie A, only just turned 21 and likened to Aguero.

He looks like he could be the next big Argentinian striker.

I watch Palermo regularly and Dybala is a fantastic talent. However he would need to bulk up a bit to play in the PL as in my opinion he seems a bit lightweight. Having said that he would be worth a gamble if the price is right (though sadly given Palermos mad president as well as doing a decent job back in serie Aso far) thris maybea bjg steep and would probably command a 25m fee ahichas far as I amaware is too steep for us in Jan

In Jan the market is never too full of quality at a reasonable price.

This isn't just a short term problem, we need four strikers given the injury record of Kun and Jovetic.

We should go all out to get Cavani in January. He's exactly what we require. He'd be a great partner for Aquero and can also play up top on his own. Things haven't gone well for him at PSG, he's completely over shadowed by Ibra and I reckon PSG would do a deal.

Love Bites and Everything said:
This isn't just a short term problem, we need four strikers given the injury record of Kun and Jovetic.

We should go all out to get Cavani in January. He's exactly what we require. He'd be a great partner for Aquero and can also play up top on his own. Things haven't gone well for him at PSG, he's completely over shadowed by Ibra and I reckon PSG would do a deal.

Totally agree, Cavani would be awesome in his own right, never mind the fact two of our strikers are injury prone and the other has long goal droughts. Definitely should go for Cavani if there's any chance at all.

Benteke or bony for me.Affordable with prem league experience and both would surely jump at the chance of playing for us.
Regardless of the timescale of agueros injury,we need to replace negredo anyway.

Think if Aguero is out of awhile we should go for a short term loan three strikers and Pozo is enough even with Jovetic's injury record if we did sign another big name striker it near impossible to keep four strikers happy as well as decent young players looking for a shot at the first team. Giovinco on loan would be a decent shout loan him for free with a clause similar to the Barry loan to Everton and he will be desperate to perform as he will want to move to CL team when he leaves Juve in the summer, we get a decent striker who I think would play well off Dzeko, Juve could get a potential fee for a player they look to be losing on a free and Giovinco get an opportunity to showcase his ability.

david whites spike said:
Benteke or bony for me.Affordable with prem league experience and both would surely jump at the chance of playing for us.
Regardless of the timescale of agueros injury,we need to replace negredo anyway.

I agree and would choose Benteke because I believe he is the better all round player and we won't lose him to ACON like Bony.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.