A striker in January

KinkladzeSouthampton said:
Name me a striker on Aguero's level that is available? Cavani, Ibra, Suarez, Lewandowski and Costa are all unavailable, So what would be the point in wasting money on a Dzeko mark two, We should be banking on keeping Aguero fit, If he get's injured he get's injured, Like I said unless you have a world class player available there's no point making the numbers up, Barca and Real seem to be able to keep their two marquee players fit maybe we should start giving him the preferential treatment he deserves and watch him more closely than the other tom,dick and harries in our side.

Problem being is that we could realistically miss out on a top 4 place if Augero gets injured and the form of Dzeko is so bad that we can't afford to risk no back up Striker so think we have to dip our toes in Jan to cover for that happening. Bony from Swansea looks an option strong and scores goals and holds the ball up well

Lacazette (already mentioned I think) is tearing up Ligue 1 and could be worth looking at. He's scored 11 goals (more than Ibra and Cavani) already this season, is 23, can play on the wings, technically good and quite fast. However, he's very short and are we after an Aguero deputy or a Negredo style replacement?

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UQDwkgrzM6M[/video]

LoveCity said:
Lacazette (already mentioned I think) is tearing up Ligue 1 and could be worth looking at. He's scored 11 goals (more than Ibra and Cavani) already this season, is 23, can play on the wings, technically good and quite fast. However, he's very short and are we after an Aguero deputy or a Negredo style replacement?

a possibility if we miss out on Reus?

LoveCity said:

I like what I see.....Great ability coupled with strength,power and bravery.

There are definite similarities with Aguero's game but I could handle that,maybe the Negredo type player should be purchased on the back of a Dzeko sale.

FantasyIreland said:
LoveCity said:

There are definite similarities with Aguero's game but I could handle that,maybe the Negredo type player should be purchased on the back of a Dzeko sale.

Strangely we would be in a better position to buy in January if we were out of Europe then we could spend what we want and add squad numbers. If we are still in Europe though then we can't add an overseas player without losing one, and would still be restricted to 21 players, not sure how our spending cap applies to January.

LoveCity said:

Good alternative to Reus.

blueparrot said:
FantasyIreland said:
LoveCity said:

Strangely we would be in a better position to buy in January if we were out of Europe then we could spend what we want and add squad numbers. If we are still in Europe though then we can't add an overseas player without losing one, and would still be restricted to 21 players, not sure how our spending cap applies to January.

it wouldnt matter as the player would be available from next season anyways and we simply leave them out of europe (like chelsea had to do with Matic) - something which might not even be a choice if the player is cup tied. indeed the biggest gripe I have with our season is that we didnt have 22 players for the PL even ifone had to miss out on the CL (e.g we could have left navas or jovetic out)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.