A striker in January

Andy Morrisons jock strap said:
KinkladzeSouthampton said:
Name me a striker on Aguero's level that is available? Cavani, Ibra, Suarez, Lewandowski and Costa are all unavailable, So what would be the point in wasting money on a Dzeko mark two, We should be banking on keeping Aguero fit, If he get's injured he get's injured, Like I said unless you have a world class player available there's no point making the numbers up, Barca and Real seem to be able to keep their two marquee players fit maybe we should start giving him the preferential treatment he deserves and watch him more closely than the other tom,dick and harries in our side.

Problem being is that we could realistically miss out on a top 4 place if Augero gets injured and the form of Dzeko is so bad that we can't afford to risk no back up Striker so think we have to dip our toes in Jan to cover for that happening. Bony from Swansea looks an option strong and scores goals and holds the ball up well

No brainer this for me. Bony is proven in the league young ish ( think hes 25 ) playing for a club that likes to pass the ball and could get him for around 20m. Has to be this guy for me. Oh and he actually uses his physical strength.

Stephenhakin said:
Andy Morrisons jock strap said:
KinkladzeSouthampton said:
Name me a striker on Aguero's level that is available? Cavani, Ibra, Suarez, Lewandowski and Costa are all unavailable, So what would be the point in wasting money on a Dzeko mark two, We should be banking on keeping Aguero fit, If he get's injured he get's injured, Like I said unless you have a world class player available there's no point making the numbers up, Barca and Real seem to be able to keep their two marquee players fit maybe we should start giving him the preferential treatment he deserves and watch him more closely than the other tom,dick and harries in our side.

Problem being is that we could realistically miss out on a top 4 place if Augero gets injured and the form of Dzeko is so bad that we can't afford to risk no back up Striker so think we have to dip our toes in Jan to cover for that happening. Bony from Swansea looks an option strong and scores goals and holds the ball up well

No brainer this for me. Bony is proven in the league young ish ( think hes 25 ) playing for a club that likes to pass the ball and could get him for around 20m. Has to be this guy for me. Oh and he actually uses his physical strength.

20/43 prem games!

Bony is a decent player but I would rather us try and sign a player that doesn't have to go on AFCON duty.

Lacazette would be my choice.

sam-caddick said:
Bony is a decent player but I would rather us try and sign a player that doesn't have to go on AFCON duty.

Good player. Unsure if he could handle the physical side of the game in the Prem but if you don't try....

chicagoblues said:
Messi ?

....got my coat ;/

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/man-city-messi-alert-after-8129612" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/ ... er-8129612</a>?

;)

*runs for the hills*

Stephenhakin said:
sam-caddick said:

Good player. Unsure if he could handle the physical side of the game in the Prem but if you don't try....

Have you watched him? he's a powerful and determined little fucker......that would be the least of my concerns.

FantasyIreland said:
Stephenhakin said:
sam-caddick said:

Have you watched him? he's a powerful and determined little fucker......that would be the least of my concerns.

Seen him in Europe ( doesnt score enough ) . Also just looked at his record in Lique 1 too ( poor too ). But maybe I havent seen enough of him and I am doing him an injustice. Just think if we are going to buy in January we have to be certain he can score in the Prem.

Stephenhakin said:
FantasyIreland said:
Stephenhakin said:

Seen him in Europe ( doesnt score enough ) . Also just looked at his record in Lique 1 too ( poor too ). But maybe I havent seen enough of him and I am doing him an injustice. Just think if we are going to buy in January we have to be certain he can score in the Prem.

He has only just turned 23 which is the start of a career for a striker, at that age its time to put everything you have learnt into proper statistics.

He scored 15 goals in the league last season and is leading the scoring with 11 so far this season, he also joint leads the assists with 4.

The lad looks to be finally coming into his peak and is delivering great statistics, for me he is definitely one to keep an eye on.

Looking at French League football then Andre Pierre Gignac from Marseille might be worth a look. Think his contract runs out soon only 28 might get him in the January window but I just dont see a big name added. Would he add much to us I think he would we just need a player and forward to help Kun get some goals at times would be able for the league always looks strong on the ball.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.