A striker in January

whp.blue said:
kippax neil said:
bobmcfc said:
I'm absolutely starting to wonder if we will do any business at all. We've worked our arses off to comply with FFP this season so why would we just mess that up now ?

Our budget is less than £10m if stay within the rules, what can we get that's even worth getting for that price

Thought our limit during the summer was £49m net....and we actually spent £15m net.

Doesn't that leave us £34m for January?

not sure this is right thought we spent a lot more
Yep. According to financial report we spent £38m net, which leaves us only £12m to spend before any sales.

MeatHunterrr said:
whp.blue said:
kippax neil said:
Thought our limit during the summer was £49m net....and we actually spent £15m net.

Yep. According to financial report we spent £38m net, which leaves us only £12m to spend before any sales.
Or we could buy him and not register him for the CL.

MeatHunterrr said:
whp.blue said:
kippax neil said:

what about the dosh for the beast, doesn't he count along with anything we get for Nasty & Sinclair?

George Hannah said:
MeatHunterrr said:
whp.blue said:
what about the dosh for the beast, doesn't he count along with anything we get for Nasty & Sinclair?

Not until the summer mate. Tolm reckons we have agreed a £3m fee with Celtic for guidetti, and Nastasic is likely off to shalke for £10m. If they went through then we would have around £25m to spend.

richards30 said:
George Hannah said:
MeatHunterrr said:

Not until the summer mate. Tolm reckons we have agreed a £3m fee with Celtic for guidetti, and Nastasic is likely off to shalke for £10m. If they went through then we would have around £25m to spend.
thanks friend, not many strikers worth having for £25m, looks like Big Dave Watson will be having another field day at the end of the window.
(I know, I know, he doesn't enjoy it ;-)

George Hannah said:
richards30 said:
George Hannah said:

thanks friend, not many strikers worth having for £25m, looks like Big Dave Watson will be having another field day at the end of the window.
(I know, I know, he doesn't enjoy it ;-)

Hahaha he's back already is mr misery!

We seriously need to look at acquiring a striker if Kun and/or Dzeko are out for January. We cannot afford to drop silly points by not having an out and out striker.
My suggetions;
Roberto Soldado (Tottenham). Let me make my case before you all slate me. This would be a loan option. In Spain this lad was lethal in front of goal. It's just not worked at Spurs. He's had to spend most of his time out of the box. he was a poacher supreme. He played with Silva at Valencia so Merlin will know just how to get the best from him and he'll know when to make runs ready for David's pass. He'll also be on huge wages (for Spurs) and Mt Levy would gladly like to have him off the books (even if it's short term).
Aleksandar Mitrović (Anderlecht). Young striker (20) who is a real talent and scoring in Belgium. This lad will go on to play for a much bigger club. Ideal if we want an upcoming striker with first team/champions league experience to play when we need to rest Kun and/or Dzeko. Would cost about 10 million. A great purchase as a 3rd or 4th choice with potential to push for more starts.
Alexandre Lacazette (Lyon). This lad is on fire and the talk of the league in France. Scoring for fun. Would cost 15-20 million. Wouldn't play 3rd or 4th choice though.

My preference would be a loan for Soldado.

Thoughts..

EastStandLevel3Paul said:
We seriously need to look at acquiring a striker if Kun and/or Dzeko are out for January. We cannot afford to drop silly points by not having an out and out striker.
My suggetions;
Roberto Soldado (Tottenham). Let me make my case before you all slate me. This would be a loan option. In Spain this lad was lethal in front of goal. It's just not worked at Spurs. He's had to spend most of his time out of the box. he was a poacher supreme. He played with Silva at Valencia so Merlin will know just how to get the best from him and he'll know when to make runs ready for David's pass. He'll also be on huge wages (for Spurs) and Mt Levy would gladly like to have him off the books (even if it's short term).
Aleksandar Mitrović (Anderlecht). Young striker (20) who is a real talent and scoring in Belgium. This lad will go on to play for a much bigger club. Ideal if we want an upcoming striker with first team/champions league experience to play when we need to rest Kun and/or Dzeko. Would cost about 10 million. A great purchase as a 3rd or 4th choice with potential to push for more starts.
Alexandre Lacazette (Lyon). This lad is on fire and the talk of the league in France. Scoring for fun. Would cost 15-20 million. Wouldn't play 3rd or 4th choice though.

My preference would be a loan for Soldado.

Thoughts..
[bigimg]http://media.timeout.com/blogimages/wp-content/uploads/2013/03/url-17.gif[/bigimg]

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.