A treble of City's most infamous defeats you were at

Not three that will stand out in history but three that cut deep were:

Notts County in the cup when we lost 1-0 and hit the woodwork about 15 times and they scored last kick of the game.

Spurs in the QF of the FA cup when it all kicked off and I genuinely thought we were going to make it to wembley. Resigned myself after that to never seeing City win anything.

Spurs again in the CL quarter final. That hurt more than most and just destroyed me mentally.
That Notts County game was a shit result but a cracking trip. Blues everywhere, hanging off the floodlights, systematically dismantling the away end brick by brick.

Edit: what happened in Hooters STAYS in Hooters.

Last edited:
1. Halifax FA Cup 1980
2. Luton 1983
3. Mansfield Town Auto Wind Shield Cup 1998
Strangely enough, I remember the weather at Halifax more than the match. I didn't care at all about losing, I was more concerned about how painful it would be to die of pneumonia.

Kudos for attending Mansfield mate. Cap doffed accordingly.

West Ham at home in an FA Cup Q/F. I'd convinced myself we were going all the way

Blackburn away in an FA Cup Q/F. Awful day when the fans properly turned on the players cos they were so inept. The players looked visibly shocked at the poison spewing from the stands at the end of the match

Spurs 81 final replay. We were so close. I was only a kid and went to bed in tears that night

Wigan final. To this day I've not watched a minute of that game (seen the goal as its unavoidable) but managed to wipe out most of that horrific day from my memory

Stoke away. Relegation to the third tier. It had a sense of inevitability about it and you were left wondering if the club was actually going to survive

I'm sure if it wasn't for the two famous late comebacks that Gillingham and QPR would be right at the top of everybody's lists

Rags away 5-0, sat with the fuckwits to make things worse.
Wigan FA cup final (flew from Canada for the weekend…felt a long flight back).
Spurs 4-1 at home FA Cup QF
Yep all 3 and same at the swamp sat with the cunts foe the 5-0. Left with enough time to be back in the kenny in cheadle hulme before FT

Ill add blackburn away in the FA cup 1/4 final. 0-2.
City fans scrapping each other. Pissing down. Horrible day

Luton 83 was the first time city made me cry.

Stoke away(relegation) in the dinglers end and lasted 5 mins before i got the fuck out of dodge.

Wigan fa cup final didnt bother me really. I knew there was more to come. And was there!!!

Liverpool at home (alan ball playing for a draw when we needed a win)

So so many horrible days to limit to 3

A lot of those fans would have remembered fuck all of the day 24 hrs later.

Actually, I envy them. I still remember every painful minute of it!
A lost dressing room not putting on a performance for the departing manager.

I understand he was going to go at the end of the season but they bought it forwards after that disaster.

Let Wigan have their five minutes. We’re the Champions of Europe and they’re 14th in League One.

Nothing hurt as much or for as long as losing the Cup Final replay in 1981.
Relegation to the Third Division at Stoke was bad.
Third place (though I recall little of the match itself) was the '55 Wembley defeat by Newcastle. Six y.o., first ever football match, first trip to London. Tears on the way home and some Geordies gave me a bar of Cadbury's as a consolation.

Forest about 1974/5 4-1 especially as my dad was a forest fan

Tottenham 81 replay. Archibald song ringing in my ears

Spurs 2010. as said, it was basically a CL qualification play off. So close

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.