A trip down memory lane around Manchester....

Its Mauldeth Road West opposite Hough End playing fields, the old Princess Pub is seen at the beginning of the clip
Don't normally like big pubs but the Princess was decent. My Dr's was on the parade of shops opposite on princess Park way, so used to like getting a sick note, going to the Princess for a few and then back over to that parade of shops to the chemist for whatever was prescribed and a kebab from the kebab place that was there - lovely chicken tikka in naan all done in a proper tandoori clay oven.

@Mazzarelli's Swiss Cheese
Didn't the Princess have some kind of bowling alley attached to it? Never went in but passed it enough times.
What is on the site now? (No doubt apartments)
Can't remember- slightly shit beer garden out the back I think. Probably not been there since 92-93 though. Can't remember what date they bulldozed it, but maybe had bowling in its last years? It was a bit of a mid/late 90's thing to install 10 pin bowling as a money spinner iirc.
Yes - apartments.

Handy for the police dogs, they didn’t have far to go
The police horses were just up the road from the Prinny. Top pub in its day. My local for years. Never went in on match day, always fucked off to the Parkside or a mate's house for a massive pre-match piss-up. Holding each other up as we staggered to Maine Road. Most of us were stewards.

@Mazzarelli's Swiss Cheese
Didn't the Princess have some kind of bowling alley attached to it? Never went in but passed it enough times.
What is on the site now? (No doubt apartments)

Block of flats. They went all US with the bowling and stuff. We came second in a bowling competition while being pissed and stoned out of our faces. My brother took the lights out with a bowling ball just to give you an idea.

The Nissen Hut (cinema) at the side of St Anthony,sChurch,Portway/Cornishway circa early 50,s

The Forum cinema on Paletine Rd, Northenden. The interior was beautiful art deco. Google it.
Its a mormon temple now, I believe.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.