A unsettled Premiership striker we could and should buy

bluefandk said:
He is a good strike who is worth around 12- 14 million but if City got involved the price would go up to around 20 million which would be a total rip off.
Sunderland bought him for £13M. Henderson and Jones went for £18m. Gyan was one of the best players at the last World Cup whereas Henderson has done nothing and has 1 cap.

On the other hand, I think Gyan wants a move<br /><br />-- Sat Jun 18, 2011 11:33 am --<br /><br />
redmizzle said:
How d'you know he's unsettled?
Just newspaper talk such as this in the Guardian, and logically what you'd expect of a top player who used his Premiership club as a stepping stone to bigger things

He would not want to lose Gyan, whom he signed from Rennes for £13m last summer, but the Ghanaian would relish the prospect of a move to Tottenham, as he prefers the idea of playing in London. Gyan is disappointed that his Ghanaian team-mates, Sulley Muntari and John Mensah, have left Sunderland to return to their parent clubs, Internazionale and Lyon respectively, following the end of their loan spells.

Marvin said:
redmizzle said:
Just newspaper talk such as this in the Guardian, and logically what you'd expect of a top player who used his Premiership club as a stepping stone to bigger things

He would not want to lose Gyan, whom he signed from Rennes for £13m last summer, but the Ghanaian would relish the prospect of a move to Tottenham, as he prefers the idea of playing in London. Gyan is disappointed that his Ghanaian team-mates, Sulley Muntari and John Mensah, have left Sunderland to return to their parent clubs, Internazionale and Lyon respectively, following the end of their loan spells.

Well personally, i'm more inclined to believe this statement from the Sunderland chairman, Niall Quinn:

"I'm sorry that our fans have to read the endless speculation that appears in the press at this time of year," he told safc.com.

"Normally we don't comment on any of it as there's so much - for instance we've been linked to over 40 players in the last month or so alone.

"However, the suggestion that we have spoken to an agent to sell this player on our behalf is embarrassing to all concerned.

"I hope our fans would be smart enough to realise that this is probably some other club or outside agents' way of attempting to destabilise our relationship with one of our players."

redmizzle said:
Marvin said:
redmizzle said:

Well personally, i'm more inclined to believe this statement from the Sunderland chairman, Niall Quinn:

"I'm sorry that our fans have to read the endless speculation that appears in the press at this time of year," he told safc.com.

"Normally we don't comment on any of it as there's so much - for instance we've been linked to over 40 players in the last month or so alone.

"However, the suggestion that we have spoken to an agent to sell this player on our behalf is embarrassing to all concerned.

"I hope our fans would be smart enough to realise that this is probably some other club or outside agents' way of attempting to destabilise our relationship with one of our players."
I'll be surprised if Gyan is still at Sunderland when the season starts

£15M + Ned (shame to see him go but never going to get a game with RM in charge and didn't help himself build any bridges on Soccer AM).

Sorry guys but i disagree. He's good but we could get much much better. We should only bother looking to bring in another striker if Tevez goes and if he does we should be going for better than Gyan... Eto'o, Aguero, Higuain, Ibra

Good player for sure, better than jo but not as good as ade. But would still swap ade for gyan because would make a better squad player! Deff0 would not pay 20 mill though!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.