A unsettled Premiership striker we could and should buy

Francis Rizzo said:
Tevez has been told if he stays at city for the next two years, the club will let him go on a free, at the end of that time with no quibbles, Sunday Mirror tomoz

For what its worth I reckon he will stay, I pray he will, we cant replace this guy he is too good.
If true, then he'll have paid for himself by then anyway, personally I'm not bothered if he stays or goes, but he won't go for one simple reason, nobody will buy him, he's damaged himself by telling the world he will go back to Argentina in 3 years, anyone coming in knows this, and won't pay our asking price. He should have kept his mouth shut, and he might have had suitors.

We really need this guy, the only players better than him are Ronaldo and Messi and whats the chances of getting them?

I don't think we should be in for him at all, with the African cup of nations in Jan/Feb and the prospect of losing yaya and kolo for up to a month because of this we couldn't afford another one to be gone for this long.

SPC2010 said:
I don't think we should be in for him at all, with the African cup of nations in Jan/Feb and the prospect of losing yaya and kolo for up to a month because of this we couldn't afford another one to be gone for this long.
We're trying to build a squad for years, not a first 11 for 1 season

Marvin said:
SPC2010 said:
We're trying to build a squad for years, not a first 11 for 1 season

I agree that's how a football club should be building, however I for one rate Mancini and think we should be looking to keep him for a while. The financial pressure to succeed makes football management a cut throat business where one bad season can see you with the sack, albeit with a few £m in the bank.

Will Mancini really want to take a chance of losing players for that long??

Didnt I read Sunderland were looking to avoid buying any African players because the African cup of nations will be held in consecutive years in 2012 and 2013. It is being moved to"odd years" so it wont clash with future world cups.
African players will be missing for crucial games in the next 2 seasons.

I think N'Zogbia would probably be a better buy, definately wants to move, can be used on the wing or probably as a striker and most liekly happy to be a squad player for a top 4 team? What do you guys think?<br /><br />-- Sun Jun 19, 2011 11:08 pm --<br /><br />
Carlos Tevez's agent has indicated the Argentine is ready to pledge his future to Manchester City.

The striker's future at Eastlands has been the subject of constant speculation with Tevez eager to leave England and be closer to his family in his native Argentina.

His representative, Kia Joorabchian, has claimed the forward is now prepared to stay as he is ready to bring his family over to Manchester from South America.

"I don't think speculation about Carlos leaving is fair at the moment," Joorabchian told the Daily Star Sunday. "I don't think money is a consideration.

"Maybe it's a case of his family coming over to him. That's something he's trying to sort out. I'm sure in the next week he will sort the family issue out.

"Once he does, he will announce it and everyone will be in a better place."

Committed

Joorabchian insists Tevez has not asked to leave and that he remains committed to City's cause by helping them win more trophies after leading them to FA Cup glory last season.

"I think all these factors will be positives for him to stay. Carlos has not made any decision to move."
Kia Joorabchian on Carlos Tevez's future Quotes of the week

"Carlos has always had a goal. The goal was that City needed to get into the Champions League and win a trophy," added Joorabchian.

"And they won a trophy and achieved that goal. Now that has given him a tremendous feeling. He held that trophy with a lot of pride.

"If you look at the team they are going to get stronger and stronger and, if Carlos stays, they would be my favourite to win the title.

"I'm sure that will be a factor in his mind and, the fact that City fans have embraced him, will count for a lot along with his great relationship with the supporters.

"I think all these factors will be positives for him to stay. Carlos has not made any decision to move.

"We have not asked to leave the club."

Looks good doesn't it?

From Sky Sports

What a top player he is, great work rate, good team player, good finisher. Id have him in the team, maybe not a guaranteed starter, but would make a crackin squad player. Cant really see it happening though.

Not taking anything away from Gyan, but if Tevez does leave, we would need someone as good as Tevez or even better.

Apologies to all you Gyan fans out there, but I don't see how that man would be able to replace/stand-in for Tevez.

With our money, we could and should buy better.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.