A34 closed | 30 year old man murdered after traffic light "altercation"

I stopped driving on Kingsway a few years ago after the second time i nearly got wiped out by someone undertaking at speed (guessing about 80mph). Seen so many dickhead young lads racing each other and driving like a ****, and if you so much as look at them they want to kick off. It's similar in Lev but i live there so i'm stuck with that group of pricks.
Lived in Burnage for over 30 years.
Kingsway is a mad dual carriageway with boatloads of "boy racers" who think they are at Silverstone.
There is only 1 speed camera that I'm aware of, on the way into Manchester just before you get to the old Mauldeth pub. Don't think it's ever working though.
Don't think there are any speed traps on the way out of Town ?
Compare the lack of speed cameras and the 40mph speed limit to Princess Parkway ?
Princess Parkway has a 30mph limit with a couple of speed cameras ?
Also, Kingsway has housing alongside the vast majority of its route. So a lot of potential danger to local people walking.
Princess Parkway has very few stretches of parallel housing, so less pedestrians. So why a lower speed limit ?
Perhaps, this tragedy may see a change of the speed limit on Kingsway ? I hope so...

All over Manchester now....pricks in nice cars ....
Last time i drove on kingsway willingly (sometimes i can't avoid it), overtook someone who was doing 30 (it's a 40), got nicely past them, checked to my back left i'd gone past them and then started to move back over to the left. if i hadn't checked one last time as i started to move over, i'd have driven straight into some **** doing about 80 on the inside lane weaving through traffic. he was in a meaty BMW, i've got a very old polo. i'd have been fucked and my daughter was in the car. dangerous as fuck, we were lucky.

Kingsway is a mad dual carriageway with boatloads of "boy racers" who think they are at Silverstone.
There is only 1 speed camera that I'm aware of, on the way into Manchester just before you get to the old Mauldeth pub. Don't think it's ever working though.
Compare the lack of speed cameras and the 40mph speed limit to Princess Parkway ?
Also, Kingsway has housing alongside the vast majority of its route. So a lot of potential danger to local people walking.
Princess Parkway has very few stretches of parallel housing, so less pedestrians. So why a lower speed limit ?
Perhaps, this tragedy may see a change of the speed limit on Kingsway ? I hope so...
see my post above, know exactly what you mean. i drive down burnage lane now instead when i need to head that way (i live in leve). it's slower but i'm not putting me and my family's lives at risk. what i described above was far from the only time i've seen it.

Any updates on this, how did they end up catching the nutcase that did it
A second man has now been charged with murder.
And two more remain in custody for further questioning.
It looks like 3/4 scrotes attacked one person at those lights.
Hopefully any of them found guilty of murder will get a minimum of 30 years jail time.

A second man has now been charged with murder.
And two more remain in custody for further questioning.
It looks like 3/4 scrotes attacked one person at those lights.
Hopefully any of them found guilty of murder will get a minimum of 30 years jail time.
So was it road rage or was this some organised / gang violence. It seems a very odd story.

Not been to Burnage since my Great Gran died in the early 90's. She lived on Green End Road, which was quite a nice leafy suburban road. Sounds like it's gone downhill massively since then.

Not been to Burnage since my Great Gran died in the early 90's. She lived on Green End Road, which was quite a nice leafy suburban road. Sounds like it's gone downhill massively since then.
That end of Burnage is quite nice. It's between Didsbury and the heatons. There lots of old council houses but many have been done up. There are far worse places.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.