A34 closed | 30 year old man murdered after traffic light "altercation"

GDM will be able to answer that better than I, but from my understanding, it’s a sentence that allows parole to be considered after a set amount of time, but dependent on behaviour and the risk to the public.
But then it shouldn’t be called life really. Bring back hanging I say for those that unequivocally guilty, they are just a drain on the public, like that twat who stabbed 3 in Nottingham there’s no chance he will ever be sorted he will be drugged upto the eyeballs fir 50 years then die, fuck him.

But then it shouldn’t be called life really. Bring back hanging I say for those that unequivocally guilty, they are just a drain on the public, like that twat who stabbed 3 in Nottingham there’s no chance he will ever be sorted he will be drugged upto the eyeballs fir 50 years then die, fuck him.
Whole life order is the terminology for life without parole.

The other thread has started up about the Nottingham killings. When there a 5 doctors all suggesting the killer has paranoid schizophrenia, that has to be factored in to the sentencing. Fortunately, capital punishment will never likely return.

Why do they say life then put a number on it, I’ve never got that, life to me is life.
Their sentence is for the rest of their life but they won’t necessarily spend all of it in prison is the simple answer. The number relates to when they will be eligible for parole, not when they’ll get it.

Life means life is tempting on the face of it, but actually dangerous when you scratch below the surface. If people get life in prison irrespective, then the ‘being hung for a sheep as well as a lamb’ mentality would enter into it. Even with the most serious of offences, there has to be the ability to draw some distinction otherwise even more atrocities would be committed.

I stopped driving on Kingsway a few years ago after the second time i nearly got wiped out by someone undertaking at speed (guessing about 80mph). Seen so many dickhead young lads racing each other and driving like a ****, and if you so much as look at them they want to kick off. It's similar in Lev but i live there so i'm stuck with that group of pricks.

Whole life order is the terminology for life without parole.

The other thread has started up about the Nottingham killings. When there a 5 doctors all suggesting the killer has paranoid schizophrenia, that has to be factored in to the sentencing. Fortunately, capital punishment will never likely return.
Well, if that's the case then they should hang them both :)

Why do they say life then put a number on it, I’ve never got that, life to me is life.
Agreed. If you've taken another person's life, unless there are exceptional mitigating circumstances (self defence, domestic abuse and mental health issues are three that immediately spring to mind; there will be others, and each case is different) ), then you forego the right to freedom. I've made my feelings known on here re capital punishment, and got savaged for it, so I won't go down that road today. Anyway, back to this incident. If it is a case of "road rage", that in itself is not a mitigating circumstance.

Yep, it does, always good to have the input of someone who understands the law.

I did basic law in my HND course many years ago, as it was Business Studies it was mostly Contract and Tort related. I don’t remember too much (it was 47 years ago) but one of the first cases we studied (and probably everyone else who’s done law) was Donoghue v Stevenson, Snail in a Ginger beer bottle. A far cry from the murder (or manslaughter :-;) being discussed in this thread!
I covered commercial Law for 4 years on my degree and then a further 2 years obtaining my professional qualification. When in a spot and someone asks me what would I do, I always say, you need to apply… The Perpetuities And Accumulations Act,( which covers Trust Law). The Act has a section called “the wait and see principle”.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.