Aaron Hickey

From what I’ve been told a few months ago this wasn’t on the cards but obviously things change. A really good player by all accounts.

He’s played his last two games for Bologna at right back (defeat at Hellas Verona) and right midfield (defeat at Lazio), so Mihajlović clearly thinks he’s versatile.
He played right wing back both games.

532 and 352 is the same formation.

Don't think this lad gets enough talk as an option I know we've got our own youths but not on his level, he can play both sides of fullback and even in defensive or central midfield apparently, he's looked very mature an air of confidence and composure when I've seen him play even if Serie A is played a different pace, with the money talked about under £20m it could save us a lot and even if he failed here we wouldn't lose much at all plus we'd get a good sell on fee it seems a no brainer to me, personally think he'd be excellent backup for our fullback areas a great rotation option, whenever Walker/Cancelo need a rest he could come in one seems to be out at least once every few games or rotated, knowing us we'll be interested in a few years for a £70m price tag but I think we should move this summer.

I've heard him be called the Scottish Lahm and Kimmich too there must be some truth to it in style he's certainly impressed me, reckon Pep would love a player of his versatility and supposed professionalism if he can mould him into a great player he certainly would.... I understand other clubs can guarantee him more football but Pep is known for bringing fullback talents to a whole new level and that must count for something in Hickey's mind.

Don't think this lad gets enough talk as an option I know we've got our own youths but not on his level, he can play both sides of fullback and even in defensive or central midfield apparently, he's looked very mature an air of confidence and composure when I've seen him play even if Serie A is played a different pace, with the money talked about under £20m it could save us a lot and even if he failed here we wouldn't lose much at all plus we'd get a good sell on fee it seems a no brainer to me, personally think he'd be excellent backup for our fullback areas a great rotation option, whenever Walker/Cancelo need a rest he could come in one seems to be out at least once every few games or rotated, knowing us we'll be interested in a few years for a £70m price tag but I think we should move this summer.

I've heard him be called the Scottish Lahm and Kimmich too there must be some truth to it in style he's certainly impressed me, reckon Pep would love a player of his versatility and supposed professionalism if he can mould him into a great player he certainly would.... I understand other clubs can guarantee him more football but Pep is known for bringing fullback talents to a whole new level and that must count for something in Hickey's mind.
I’d love him here. Quality player, we almost had him before the Bologna move but he thought it was too big a jump at that stage of his career

Too much of a step up and isn't any better than Cancelo. Maybe have a look in getting cover for Walker.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.