Aaron Mooy

Why not? Mooy has far better defensive stats than Gundogan and better offensive stats too. I genuinely don't think comparing Mooy to Gundogan is a particularly unfair comparison.

Good God- the insanity of social media...

Good God- the insanity of social media...
Premier League 2017/18

Aaron Mooy- 36 appearances, 4 goals, 3 assists
Ilkay Gundogan- 30 appearances, 4 goals, 1 assist.
You have to also bear in mind that Mooy played for a far worse team- they scored 28 goals to City's 106 (so City managed almost four times as many).

I don't get it. Sorry.

Premier League 2017/18

You have to also bear in mind that Mooy played for a far worse team- they scored 28 goals to City's 106 (so City managed almost four times as many).

I don't get it. Sorry.

If he was good enough for us we wouldn't have sold him. He's not improved that much since we got rid of him has he?

I'm actually one of the people who likes Gundogan but I think people are writing Mooy off because he doesn't play for a big club or have a fancy name. If someone can give me an example of something Gundogan brings to the table that Mooy doesn't then fair play.
Mooyinho?

I'm actually one of the people who likes Gundogan but I think people are writing Mooy off because he doesn't play for a big club or have a fancy name. If someone can give me an example of something Gundogan brings to the table that Mooy doesn't then fair play.
If you can't tell the difference between the 2 you clearly haven't been watching,he is not playing for a top team for a reason

Premier League 2017/18

I don't get it. Sorry.

Huddersfield rely on Mooy. Nearly every play goes through him and therefore there’s a higher chance for him to get more “stats”. The dependence on Mooy for them compared to us with Gundogan is unparalleled and that is why stats are pointless when comparing two players from two different calibre of clubs. See Bony, Rodwell, Sinclair for example.

Just because he’s got a better goal and assist record doesn’t mean that he should replace Ilkay. I rate Mooy but you’re deluded if you think we’re buying him to play for us.

Premier League 2017/18

I don't get it. Sorry.

Haven’t heard Barca sounding out Mooy yet- stats aren’t the be all.... now have your meds and have a lie down...

Huddersfield rely on Mooy. Nearly every play goes through him and therefore there’s a higher chance for him to get more “stats”. The dependence on Mooy for them compared to us with Gundogan is unparalleled and that is why stats are pointless when comparing two players from two different calibre of clubs. See Bony, Rodwell, Sinclair for example.

Just because he’s got a better goal and assist record doesn’t mean that he should replace Ilkay. I rate Mooy but you’re deluded if you think we’re buying him to play for us.

It would also be interesting to see how many "appearances" translate to starts and sub appearances for each player, or even minutes played. Stats can paint whatever picture you like if you present them in a certain way.

Mooy is clearly a talent, however I don't get the Gundogan hate at times. I know people always need a whipping boy but Gundogan is a top class player.

Last edited:
Given Gundogan has been made the topic comparison,i'll add my tuppence.

I prefer Mooy and id swap him without hesitation.He has more bite,more enthusiasm and more ambition,and,from what ive witnessed,an equal ability where technicality is concerned.He also has a better injury record.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.