About to lose my job, looking to start a new career, any advice please...

We've got a quite big spider currently living in our front room. He/she was climbing the fireplace wall last night and stayed in one position for a few minutes, me and Mrs H have no aversion to Spiders so we won't attempt to move him on. If he reappears today I'll take a photo and edit this post :-).
About 2 weeks ago my younger daughter came home from football and ran in the front door carrying on about, "the giant spider above the door." I assumed she was being dramatic until I saw my wife coming up the steps. She saw it and her eyes were as big as pie plates. So, I went and had a look. It was indeed huge, it was definitely a murder spider.

As I didn't want it dropping on my head or down my shirt at some point I got the wasp spray figuring it would do the trick. I sprayed it but it just "woke it up." It was the "pet safe natural wasp spray." Alright then. I'll use the "good stuff. "

I went and retrieved the chemical wasp spray. "Have this, fucker," and I let loose on it. It worked a trick. The problem was at first I missed my aim and was too close and it ricocheted off the brick back on to my head.

Conviced I just nerve agented myself went to the hose to give myself a good soaking. Luckily, I survived. And yes. My daughter may get her flair for dramatics from me. :)

About 2 weeks ago my younger daughter came home from football and ran in the front door carrying on about, "the giant spider above the door." I assumed she was being dramatic until I saw my wife coming up the steps. She saw it and her eyes were as big as pie plates. So, I went and had a look. It was indeed huge, it was definitely a murder spider.

As I didn't want it dropping on my head or down my shirt at some point I got the wasp spray figuring it would do the trick. I sprayed it but it just "woke it up." It was the "pet safe natural wasp spray." Alright then. I'll use the "good stuff. "

I went and retrieved the chemical wasp spray. "Have this, fucker," and I let loose on it. It worked a trick. The problem was at first I missed my aim and was too close and it ricocheted off the brick back on to my head.

Conviced I just nerve agented myself went to the hose to give myself a good soaking. Luckily, I survived. And yes. My daughter may get her flair for dramatics from me. :)
Brilliant.

I'm sure that's true, but let's not pretend that's why people move abroad. People aren't moving to Australia because they're desperate to graft for the good of the Australian people, they're moving there because they think it offers them a shortcut to the lifestyle they want, either by being paid more for the same job as the UK, or having a lower cost of living (or other stuff like the weather). And so my point was if it no longer offers those things, you might want to think twice.
I didn’t mention anything about working ones ass off for the good of anyone else

Start a cleaning company .

Where there is muck there is brass.

I left a fairly decent career in mortgages 17 years ago. Set up myself as a cleaning company, took a part time job (for about 8 months) to help keep the wolves from the door whilst my little company grew and all these years later i earn decent money, dont work long hours (6 a day, 5 days a week) and more importantly im my own boss in charge of my own destiny

Loads doing it, not many reliable or conscientious, the good ones thrive

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.