Absolutely gutted :(

We've took him to the vets three times already and the seizures have been getting progressively worse and more frequent. Also when he's having a seizure he becomes incontinent and empties his bowels/bladder. He's not himself either he keeps walking into things and can't settle just walks around the house all day. We can't guarantee that there will be someone
With him 24/7 either so if he has a fit when he was alone then there would be no1 to hold him down. He does look in real distress when he's fitting uts really not fair.

Fitton said:
We've took him to the vets three times already and the seizures have been getting progressively worse and more frequent. Also when he's having a seizure he becomes incontinent and empties his bowels/bladder. He's not himself either he keeps walking into things and can't settle just walks around the house all day. We can't guarantee that there will be someone
With him 24/7 either so if he has a fit when he was alone then there would be no1 to hold him down. He does look in real distress when he's fitting uts really not fair.

There are dogs who can have a normal life, just with fits every now and then that you learn to live with.

I hate to say it out loud mate, but your dog sounds like he is in a bad way all the time, not just when he fits. You aren't enjoying watching him suffer, and he isn't enjoying his life himself. Constantly walking round and unable to settle sounds like a dog in some pain.

I hope I'm wrong.

People have to remember and consider the fact that they are just like humans (pets are) with regards to aging and health. If it is time it is time. When humans grow old they give up in some cases and take their final breath, drifting off in peace to wherever it is they go!

When an animal gets old, and its health declines dramatically, then it is simply time to say goodbye. The OP can tell what is right and what is wrong no matter how hard it is. If the dog is seemingly happy and still enjoying life and being around people, then there is no need to put him/her down. If the dog has given up and is miserable, and noticeably dragging his days out, then it is time to say goodbye.

We found ours in a pool of piss, unable and uninterested in getting up and moving on. It was time to say goodbye and now she is in a better place hopefully happy and walking freely again.

Don't rush this OP...do what you and your family believe is best, not the vets.

Chris in London said:
Fitton said:

There are dogs who can have a normal life, just with fits every now and then that you learn to live with.

I hate to say it out loud mate, but your dog sounds like he is in a bad way all the time, not just when he fits. You aren't enjoying watching him suffer, and he isn't enjoying his life himself. Constantly walking round and unable to settle sounds like a dog in some pain.

I hope I'm wrong.

No mate youre right, my lab is a big lazy thing who usually just lounges about the house but we can't get him to lie down and chill out he's just walking round in a world of his own.

he's not just having fits every now and again now either sometimes he's having three a day.

He's been on medication from the vets and we've give him a couple of weeks but he just seems to be getting worse.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.