Abu Dhabi v Hamburg Comp winners.........

Tbilisi said:
Originals said:
What hotel are the competition winners staying in?

Its the The Shangri La Residences,tbh I would stay in a cardboard box to just attend the game.

Checked it! Looks mint.

1 lad I know won the competition!

Taking our Middleton Blues flag over. Keep your eye out for it. Hard to miss about 6 foot by 4 foot.

I have won a comp with the club last year to go out there.
Had an amazing time.. even though it turned out to be expensive

Quick tips guys out there..

If its foggy in the morning of your flight coming back .. check the etihad website to see when the plane will take off. You dont need to get there until 2 hours before. we spent 6 hours waiting in the airport.

Beer was expensive for us around from 6 quid upwards but this was mainly down to the comp I won ( FI experince )

Check out YAs Waterworld if you can ... I dont thing feirrai would was worth it but this was a part of the prize.

Abu Dhabi blues have a Facebook group out there.. if you get in a muckle they may be able to help and guide you to the best places to drink.

NO DRINKING ON THE STREETS ! you will be killed most likley !

if you guys are staying at the Holiday Inn I need a favour there is a nice breakfast host from Ulkriane tell her Daryl said hello

Greetings from Abu Dhabi, all going well so far.

Shangri La Residences are nice rooms, just ate my bodyweight in breakfast and got a free morning now until 3pm when the coach picks us up for the open training session. Bizarrely we're all sharing a studio room, which is a little odd when you're with your Dad. There's a guy here that was unable to bring anyone due to work committments so advertised it somewhere (might be on here) and so is here with a stranger...must be cosy in their studio.

Amusingly, landed yesterday to near gale force winds and it was pissing down, think they only have one rainy day per year here and it just happened to be when the Manc lot turned up.

Still a bit windy and cloudy so not really beach weather but, better than frost I guess.

Got a shindig to attend tonight after the training at the players hotel, will be meeting the players and having a few drinks with them we're told, then a boat back over to our hotel.

The game is a 2hrs coach drive tomorrow apparently, though the Sheikh Zayed stadium is about 5 mins away from our hotel. I'm sure there is good reason for that.

No pics of interest yet but the events start kicking off this aft so should have some soon. We're kind of left to our own devices during free time, had a nice meal with a few of the other winners last night.

Still can't believe we're here so hats off to MCFC for giving us the opportunity of a lifetime.

If you have chance , Traders hotel is a block away . They do a red and white special. 3 courses of excellent food with as much red and white wine and beer as you can drink, at a very reasonable price.They also have a tv on the beach which shows the football.

Traders is the sister hotel to Shangri la

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.