Academy Pathway to the First Team

After 5 games and the fans revolting after a 1-1 draw at WHU I doubt any youngsters will be given a chance.
But this is exactly why they should be given a chance.
We all knew going into this game we had no Jesus available and that Aguero had played 2 matches in a short period of time after his injury.
Play Delap from the start.
Obviously you cannot play a team full of youngsters but they can be integrated one by one.
Let one of Delap, Palmer , Doyle etc. be involved with the match day squad for a 3 month period. If they make an impression keep them there.
Do the same with the next youth player.
If they take the place of a senior player in merit so be it.
Now is the best time in the last decade to integrate these players.
All teams are going to struggle in this Covid affected season.
I cannot understand Peps logic in not giving at least one of Foden or Torres a start yesterday, especially after their cameo appearance midweek.
We have a maximum allowable panel of only 21 senior players in our squad whereas our opponents have 24.
This is solely due to not having one senior player in our ranks brought up through our academy. Its looking like Foden will be the only one coming through unless the club starts playing our own youngsters instead of blowing money on the Cancelos and Rodris of this world.

Well, you will get no argument from me about that.

I thought as a youth he could be added without being in the full champs league squad a B list player?

If this is not the case then it is utter stupidity by the club tbh, it isn't as if they didn't know Aguero was injured already.

He can’t go on the B list as he hasn’t been here for 2 years. To name him in the squad we would have had to drop one of the 17 non HG players. Personally I would have dropped Zinchenko as we already have 3 others players who can play left back.

He can’t go on the B list as he hasn’t been here for 2 years. To name him in the squad we would have had to drop one of the 17 non HG players. Personally I would have dropped Zinchenko as we already have 3 others players who can play left back.
Thank you.

I actually think Doyle has a good chance of starting on Tuesday. I think his energy is exactly what our midfield needs.

I actually think Doyle has a good chance of starting on Tuesday. I think his energy is exactly what our midfield needs.
His energy is something we need but I would be amazed if he started Tuesday. He should be getting minutes at league level but even that's not happening. He could get cup minutes but the further we get in that the more the manager reverts to type.

Personally I would have dropped Zinchenko as we already have 3 others players who can play left back.
If the club had planned this right over the last few years we should have been able to have both Zinchenko and Delap in the squad.
We have basically reduced our squad for champions league down to 21 players compared to our rivals.
We have no one included in our A squad that has come up through City. This could have meant 4 extra places.
You have Mount, Hudson Odoi, Lingaard , Rashford, TAA, Reece James and probably more with the other English Premier league teams who add to their squads.
It is a major disadvantage and gives a lie to the belief that we have the largest squad.

This should have given Pep time from when he came here to bring through the ranks. Yet how many has he brought through just Phil Foden. We are struggling with injuries yet he allows so many layers to go out on loan, when they are needed here at the club.

I just hope that Pep really does know what he is doing. I think he is just trying to over think what he is doing. The club should stop sending so many players out on loan. If they are good enough to go out on loan to clubs in the Bundesliga or Is Liga. Then they are good enough to play for our first team.

I was confused after 91 minutes and 3-1 up against Porto that he decided on bringing on Stones instead of Doyle.

Were getting a lot of injuries and the academy players can step in, they don't have to play all at once or every game.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.