Accents

Bluesince1979

Do other countries have very variable accents and dialects like England? Does the north of France sound very different to the south?
And... Do old Spanish colonies like Argentina and chile have different Spanish accents to Spain, like Australia and americans do to the English?

marcus said:
Do other countries have very variable accents and dialects like England? Does the north of France sound very different to the south?
And... Do old Spanish colonies like Argentina and chile have different Spanish accents to Spain, like Australia and americans do to the English?

Errr yes, different accents and different dialects. End of thread.

So a spaniard would be able to tell the difference between an Argentinian and a Chilean? I've probably sounded very thick but if you don't know...ask!

marcus said:
So a spaniard would be able to tell the difference between an Argentinian and a Chilean? I've probably sounded very thick but if you don't know...ask!

You've answered your own question. They all speak Spanish. Think, English speaking Welsh, Scots and Irish.

Was appalled once in Spain when some Spanish blokes who could speak a little English had trouble with my manc accent but not a Geordie one!! Oh my word!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.