Accents

Mrs D said in Thailand the differences are not as strong as in England, especially within short distances. She was surprised how Oldham, Bolton, Salford etc could be distinguishable to locals.

edit : I switched off half way through her explanation because I can't fucking understand what she's on about.

shadygiz said:
paphos-mcfc said:
Barcon said:
The people in Quebec sound different to people from Canada.

French Wannabe's ;)

wtf would anyone want to be french ;p

Presumably because it is infinitely preferable to coming from fucking Stalybridge.
Even folk from Ashton thank the Lord daily that they weren't born in Carrbrook with six fingers and a crush on their sister.
Of course folk in other countries have regional accents - I can't believe anyone could be so thick as to think otherwise.
Mancunians have a totally different accent to scousers, and we are only 30 odd miles apart.
Which simply isn't far enough if you ask me.

nijinsky's fetlocks said:
shadygiz said:
paphos-mcfc said:
French Wannabe's ;)

wtf would anyone want to be french ;p

Presumably because it is infinitely preferable to coming from fucking Stalybridge.
Even folk from Ashton thank the Lord daily that they weren't born in Carrbrook with six fingers and a crush on their sister.
Of course folk in other countries have regional accents - I can't believe anyone could be so thick as to think otherwise.
Mancunians have a totally different accent to scousers, and we are only 30 odd miles apart.
Which simply isn't far enough if you ask me.

good job i don't come from stalybridge then ;)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.