Accents

shadygiz said:
nijinsky's fetlocks said:
shadygiz said:
wtf would anyone want to be french ;p

Presumably because it is infinitely preferable to coming from fucking Stalybridge.
Even folk from Ashton thank the Lord daily that they weren't born in Carrbrook with six fingers and a crush on their sister.
Of course folk in other countries have regional accents - I can't believe anyone could be so thick as to think otherwise.
Mancunians have a totally different accent to scousers, and we are only 30 odd miles apart.
Which simply isn't far enough if you ask me.

good job i don't come from stalybridge then ;)
This is usually Fetter's time to argue with Nimrod, must be that then :-)

dronefromsector7g said:
shadygiz said:
Presumably because it is infinitely preferable to coming from fucking Stalybridge.
Even folk from Ashton thank the Lord daily that they weren't born in Carrbrook with six fingers and a crush on their sister.
Of course folk in other countries have regional accents - I can't believe anyone could be so thick as to think otherwise.
Mancunians have a totally different accent to scousers, and we are only 30 odd miles apart.
Which simply isn't far enough if you ask me.

I don't bother with Dynorod anymore, as he tends to run off to Ric asking him to ban me whenever I take issue with him.
I must admit i have really missed his riveting daily threads of late.
In much the same way as I miss bleeding hemorrhoids.

dronefromsector7g said:
shadygiz said:

I don't bother with Dynorod anymore, as he tends to run off to Ric asking him to ban me whenever I take issue with him.
Its a pity my themed threads a la 'Scorpion tail or alligator jaws' have been classed as 'no go'.

I don't think the differences in accents are as extreme in other countries. I can recognize most English accents although the south east all sound like Londoners to me.

dronefromsector7g said:
dronefromsector7g said:

Its a pity my themed threads a la 'Scorpion tail or alligator jaws' have been classed as 'no go'.

What a fucking drag. I nailed the lobster claw one.

BlueBearBoots said:
Was appalled once in Spain when some Spanish blokes who could speak a little English had trouble with my manc accent but not a Geordie one!! Oh my word!
used to work with a Polish lady who understood my Mancunian accent perfectly. Scottish accents were easy for her to follow to, she said. However, the town we was in, she couldn't understand a fucking word of it. Mind you, I struggled myself! Sounded like Yorkshire talking through cotton wool.

dronefromsector7g said:
dronefromsector7g said:

Over zealous moderating rearing it's ugly head yet again, my friend.
I spent years on the naughty step before calling folk cunts became not only acceptable, but virtually compulsory.
Nowadays you have to set fire to Ric's Lear Jet, napalm the mod room and fist Toby before you get so much as a funny look, and my warning level is now down to a manageable three figures.
In fact I can't remember my last ban - it must be weeks ago now.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.