Accents

nijinsky's fetlocks said:
Teabag Express said:
Can you tell a difference between Canadian and American accents though?

Simple.
If they are talking sense, then they are Canadian.
And they constantly remind you they're not American.

nijinsky's fetlocks said:
Teabag Express said:
Can you tell a difference between Canadian and American accents though?

Simple.
If they are talking sense, then they are Canadian.

Are you suggesting our American friends can occasionally be a little dimwitted ?

hurricane-sandy-redneck-1.png

Of course, OP. Vastly varied accents. I guess pre-conceptions, perception and lack of experience make it harder to detect, but when actually go out of your way to listen... it's clearly there. But we generally don't care as pigeon-holing is easier for our brains to cope with. An american of mine can't hear the difference between a thick Manc accent and the stereotypical posh southerner! That's fucked up haha

Polish, Russians, Chinese, Yanks, French, Spanish are some that I've noticed big varieties in. And accent also comes with specific body language too, it's weird. Fascinating stuff to an odd ball like me :)

I can tell the difference between the accents around here, if you grow up somewhere it's pretty easy to pick up on. There are 6 distinct accents for West Wales alone. However when I travel to work in England I am the only West Walian on site, I work with people from Cardiff and the valleys. English folk can't tell the difference between my accent and theirs although they do say it's less harsher, which it is.

The accent you lot do to take the piss out of us is a West Walian accent which always baffles me as it's a very sparsley populated area. You would have come across far more people from the Valleys and Cardiff than one of us for sure and living in Manchester a lot of you would have met a lot of gogs (North Walians) yet you never take off those accents.

The North Walian accent is by far the worst on these isles.

BlueBearBoots said:
Was appalled once in Spain when some Spanish blokes who could speak a little English had trouble with my manc accent but not a Geordie one!! Oh my word!

That can't be true

it is a well known fact that us Mancunians don't have an accent! I know thousands of mancs and they all speak like me and none of us have an accent

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.