Accents

Barcon said:
dronefromsector7g said:
nijinsky's fetlocks said:
I don't bother with Dynorod anymore, as he tends to run off to Ric asking him to ban me whenever I take issue with him.
I must admit i have really missed his riveting daily threads of late.
In much the same way as I miss bleeding hemorrhoids.
Its a pity my themed threads a la 'Scorpion tail or alligator jaws' have been classed as 'no go'.

What a fucking drag. I nailed the lobster claw one.
I've got a plan. I start a fake-titled thread such as 'Middle East crisis' then my next post underneath becomes the real thread topic. That'll fool them hahahaha

I don't know why but I just find the Scouse accent so funny.... When they sound like they have flem on their throats, gets me in stitches.

I've been having dull conversations in the street with scousers and I've just randomly burst out laughing due to their accents.

A mate of mine wanted to live in spain, so he got an instructor, learnt the language and bought a place in valencia and moved there, said he got looked at funny when he spoke, turns out he learnt the kings spanish with all the pronounciation etc. ( Like talking the queens english)

Kinda makes me laugh when Mancunians ridicule the Scouse accent and claim they can't understand a word they're saying.

The rest of the country can't tell the difference between the two.

Dicko69 said:
A mate of mine wanted to live in spain, so he got an instructor, learnt the language and bought a place in valencia and moved there, said he got looked at funny when he spoke, turns out he learnt the kings spanish with all the pronounciation etc. ( Like talking the queens english)

Isnt that the same for every country?

I obviously learned English at school, but later on realized that while it is nice to be able to have a conversation with the Queen it doesnt help if you run into "normal" folks with all the different accents etc.

When I started my first job I had a colleague from Ireland who was a really nice older bloke. On my second day at work I met him on the way to the office and he started to talk to me. How I liked it so far etc....so just some casual small talk. I didnt understand a word and looked like a complete idiot as I had to ask him to repeat pretty much every sentence due to his accent.

8 years of English at school obviously don´t prepare you for the real world. ;)

If someone learns German at an English school he gets taught "Hochdeutsch" (like the queen´s german just without...erm queen) I would assume.

Good luck understanding people in Germany.... Regional accents are as common over here as they are in the UK and some words even have a different meaning depending on where you are. Can lead to some funny surprises...

I wonder anyway why education (at least over here) is not really focused on what you really need in daily business. We read fucking Othello from Shakespeare in English lessons but couldn´t survive on our own in England without making a fool of ourself....

Bembeltown said:
Dicko69 said:

Isnt that the same for every country?

I obviously learned English at school, but later on realized that while it is nice to be able to have a conversation with the Queen it doesnt help if you run into "normal" folks with all the different accents etc.

When I started my first job I had a colleague from Ireland who was a really nice older bloke. On my second day at work I met him on the way to the office and he started to talk to me. How I liked it so far etc....so just some casual small talk. I didnt understand a word and looked like a complete idiot as I had to ask him to repeat pretty much every sentence due to his accent.

8 years of English at school obviously don´t prepare you for the real world. ;)

If someone learns German at an English school he gets taught "Hochdeutsch" (like the queen´s german just without...erm queen) I would assume.

Good luck understanding people in Germany.... Regional accents are as common over here as they are in the UK and some words even have a different meaning depending on where you are. Can lead to some funny surprises...

I wonder anyway why education (at least over here) is not really focused on what you really need in daily business. We read fucking Othello from Sharespeare in English lessons but couldn´t survive on our own in England without making a fool of ourself..

Othello IS what you need to survive in business.

"Who steals my purse steals trash; tis something, nothing
'Twas mine, tis his and has been slave to thousands.
But he that filches from me my good name
Robs me of that which not enriches him
And makes me poor indeed"

In other words, harming the competition's reputation does more damage than harming them economically

Nuff said :)

Barcon said:
The people in Quebec sound different to people from Canada.

How bad must it be being Canadian, living next to the Americans, and amongst the French..

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.