According to SSN... Tevez wants to go!

onceabluealways said:
Blueboy Danny said:
onceabluealways said:
Ok guys time to show a bit more class and humility.

Yes he wants to leave for whatever reasons - but he IS one of the reasons we are were we are today and we should be a bit more grateful for his contribution.

Personally if he does go then i hope firstly we get a good price , secondary we replace him with quality and thirdly he gets what he wants.

I do expect a cheeky bid from Real madrid around 25 mill in next few days as i think he's known its coming

Nobodys doubting his skill or his contribution, its the way he has been pissing on our parade for almost a year now, we go top of the premier leauge, he puts in a transfer request, we make our first major signing of the summer and he releases this statement, the guy's timing is shocking, and obviously has zero respect for our club, I may seem hard to belive now but in the long run we are better off without him.

I think his timing is probably due to pre season training resuming so the other players know were he stands ( thats what i like to think anyway)

Its all the people on here saying F*ck off and f*ck you - he does not deserve that from us - He as at least been worth what we paid unlike a lot of the wasters we have had

Fair comment, he has been amazing for us, which is why some people on here are so upset about the whole thing, not excusing it just get where people are coming from.

citymad said:
It angers me to see so many slagging off Tevez and quite frankly some of the comments are without logic. He wants to be near his daughters full stop, those without children will not understand this. His priorities in his life have changed and theres nothing we can do about that. The man is a legend in my eyes, 50 odd goals in 80 odd appearances is phenomenol. I will always be grateful that he's played for us and given us some great moments. Good luck Carlos and I hope you find happiness both on and off the field.

Mate, what about his daughters was "I never want to return to Manchester, even on vacation"???

No fucker in his right mind says that about his club's city, not even Jo in Russia said something like that. Virtually every player except Tevez will at least pretend to like his club's city because it's that city's inhabitants who pay money to fund his mega salary. Even the most classless loser footballers don't stoop that low.

There was no point in that comment except to force a transfer by hurting the fans and embarrassing our owner. Why do you think he deserves respect when he's trying to pointlessly insult you and the club?

akcity said:
Well I for one wont begrudge Tevez any move that may or may not materialise! People on here predictably slag him off and then say how it will cost £50m etc to buy him. Why that much? Cos he is a very, very good player so dont slag him off just because he wants to leave.
Maybe it IS to be closer to his family but remember that doesn't just have to be closer time wise, it could be closer in terms of easier to get there. If he moves to Italy for example then he is not only 4 - 5 hours closer but add on the hour from Manchester to Heathrow and then add on the transfer waiting time and he is probably anything from 6 - 8 hours closer in reality.
So if the story is true then good luck Tevez, I will always remember you as the first captain to win a trophy for City and I am in my forties!
shaddap

Sabster said:
McNair9 said:
Sabster said:
Name one team that would pay that amount of money - oh wait you can't.

He is an asset to the value of whatever a team is willing to pay - probably £30million
Well then it looks like Carlos and Kia will have to cough up the other £20 million

No they won't - Kia will do anything to get this move. I am sure he will instruct Carlitos either to refuse to play or to sulk and play terribly.

Thus we have to sell, and it will have to be for an amount of money another team can afford namely 30 million.

I know you would all love to see him rot in the reserves, but that would be a case of cutting your nose off to spite your face, but it ain't going to happen
If the likes of Barca, Real or Juve are willing to pay £40-50 million for the likes of Neymar and Sanchez then Tevez won't leave for anything less than £50 million, certainly not £30 million! An offer like that would receive the loudest 'Fuck off' ever said

Blue Haze said:
onceabluealways said:
Ok guys time to show a bit more class and humility.

He would deserve class and humility if he hadn't chosen the most damaging time to make those statements.

1st time was after the Rooney debacle and when we were in reach of #1 in the PL. Couldn't have picked a more hurtful time for a distraction.

2nd time was hours after we made our first summer transfer. He couldn't even let us enjoy that for a full day before this.

His timing is intentional and an attempt to hurt us. He deserves nothing but derision for the way he's approached this in the last 7 months. He has taken a giant dump on all the goodwill he's earned at City. Fuck him and his cancer of an agent, curse them both.
I thought all this was a done deal? Which probably explains it? Perhaps he was told to shut up until a deal had been done (he is talking to the owners) and it is a strong possibility after nothing has happened in the transfer market for weeks that it has all come to fruition and tomorrow we'll be announcing a swap deal or the start of a merry-go-round of transfers which are all waiting for us to let Tevez go??
I think this is going to be a very exciting place to be over the next few days, hang on...

Manchester City striker Carlos Tevez has declared that he wants to leave the club this summer but has asked for the fans' understanding.

The Argentina international submitted a transfer request in December, before quickly performing a dramatic U-turn and pledging his commitment to the club following clear-the-air talks.

His long-term future remained the subject of intense speculation but manager Roberto Mancini always expressed confidence that he would stay.

Mancini stated over the weekend that he planned to keep Tevez after a proposed swap deal with Inter Milan for Samuel Eto'o fell through.

City's FA Cup success and UEFA Champions League qualification also appeared to boost their chances of holding on to the 27-year-old, but the reasons for his decision are more personal.

Tevez has never made a secret of the fact that he misses his children, who have been living with their mother back in Argentina, and he wants to put their interests first.

The news that he is again seeking a departure will come as a major blow to City, considering the impact he has made since controversially joining from local rivals Manchester United in 2009.

Tevez's announcement comes on the same day that City made their first signing of the summer, bringing in Gael Clichy from Arsenal.
But Tevez, who has scored 53 goals in 86 appearances for City, has seemingly left no room for manoeuvre by expanding on his thoughts.

He wishes the club well and has enjoyed being part of their success, but does not feel he can carry on with his family circumstances the way they are.

"It is with great regret that I have to inform Manchester City of my wish to leave the club," he said in a statement.

"I would like to state that I have great respect for the club, its supporters and the owner, Sheikh Mansour, who has been nothing other than respectful to me.

Challenging

"I hope that the people understand the difficult circumstances I have been living under the past 12 months, in regards to my family.

"Living without my children in Manchester has been incredibly challenging for me.

"Everything I do, I do for my daughters, Katie and Florencia. I need to be closer to them and to spend more time with them.

"I need them to be happy because my life is about them now. I need to be in a place where they can adapt.

"Being captain of Manchester City, qualifying for the Champions League, winning the FA Cup and finishing as top-scorer last season has made me very proud.

"I hope that most of the City fans will understand that I have given them my all on the pitch and that my dedication to the City cause has been 100% on the pitch.

"I hope I have done my bit to help City continue their progress towards their ambition to be champions of England and to advance in the Champions League.

"I have no doubt that the players and management of City will achieve great success in the future."

Manchester City have yet to respond to the statement and attempts to speak with Tevez will be complicated due to his present commitment to Argentina at the Copa America.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.