Accusation of Munich chants

You wonder why it has taken until the last few years for all these chants to become taboo. No one gave a shit in the 80's and 90's and even up to the last 5 or 6 years.

Belsen chants and hissing v spurs were common place in the 80's and millions died as a result of that atrocity. I don't remember any publicity about that. Maybe I'm wrong.

I suppose the pc world we live in now means nothing is tolerated anymore which overall is a good thing. Just wonder why it has taken so long.

Sorry but I am not going to face up to fellow blues who still find the need to chant this with their mates when they are full of beer. call me a coward, i'll get over it.

We win this with scale of numbers by not singing any of the songs that lead to the use of the word.
As I posted in the TV thread earlier I had thought it a real step forward that so few had made the chant at the end of the hate man united song after the game. Yes, I was there.
There has been a massive shift for the better since that Blackburn game and this is what we should be highlighting. We are getting it right, we just need to bring it to an end now.

Don't sing the songs.

It will disappear eventually just like racism at football has almost.....i did say almost....been eradicated.On that score anyone hear the monkey chants directed at Jermaine Defo by Lazio 'Fans' tonight?

plenty of lads i know will say in a pub " he's a munich", laughing and the utd fan laughs along too. I know these lads don t say it out of some sick banter named at the dead. they all know about frank swift and its for this reason i know its not a hatred thing. it seems to be a "tag" sort of thing. on this basis i dont get hot under the collar over it.

and so i dont really know why utd fans take it so seriously and use it as an excuse to attack opposition fans when i've never seen one get uppity about it in my vicinity.

i really am not arsed about the whole thing...munich was a terrible tradgedy as we all know. it happened ...as did heysel, aberfan and hillsborough. all tradgedys. albert scanlons son was my apprentice and i met him many times. i don t sing it personally, never have.

"Shit all over Munich bastards" was sung in the concourse; "Alfie Haaland is a Blue" as well as "If You Hate Man United" were sung with the Munich refrain.

All is i will say is this.Just imagine,God forbid,that the best City squad seen in years was wiped out in a crash this season,at say Dortmund.How would WE feel if Dortmund was sung at us at every ground and we were called Dortmunds?Think about it.

Tbf they get supposedly upset cause they where a young team that grew up wherein that red shirt .

MCFC OK

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.