Accusation of Munich chants

ColinBellsjockstrap said:
When will some City fans realise that our very own Frank Swift,( arguably with Bert and big Joe our greatest ever goalkeeper) died in that crash as well. In addition one of our finest ever players Matt Busby was very lucky not to perish..

20ifn68.jpg

Never, no matter how much you drum it into them they will never properly take it in as they are thick.

A thick plank will always be a thick plank no matter how much they try to pathetically justify the reason's for even mentioning it.

Prestwich_Blue said:
BigJoe#1 said:
I support your arguement 100%. I would hate to and do not intend to offend the dead oe their relatives or their memory. However when I refer to munichs I am using the collective noun for those associated with Manchester United Football Club (even though they dont see themselves as that). They (and the media) really do need to get over themselves.
You (and others like you) are the ones who need to get over themselves. When people refer to them as 'munichs' they are offending the dead, their relatives and their memories, whatever pathetic & twisted little excuses your addled brains come up with.

Sorry but there's no other way to put it.

100% this.

When will some City fans realise that our very own Frank Swift,( arguably with Bert and big Joe our greatest ever goalkeeper) died in that crash as well. In addition one of our finest ever players Matt Busby was very lucky not to perish..

20ifn68.jpg
Is that bloke bowing, or is he looking for some money he just dropped?

Just don't buy a meat pie when you visit the swamp

I personally don't care, each to thier own. Say what you want, it your conscience that you have to answer to.

Too many people tell others what to do, say or think. That is why these rows go on and on.

Before anyone jumps on me and says that is too simple, again each to their own.

20ifn68.jpg

This.Ok i am mellowing and becoming more reflective with age.I have sang and shouted Munich when i was younger.Looking back i am not particularly proud of that fact,it was done to get a reaction and hurt and it did both.There again i used to physically fight with every United fan i saw,whether it was at a bus stop[i kid you not],walking down the street or Altrincham ice rink or the match.If they came across my path they got abuse and more often than not violence,afternoon,evening or night,matchday or not.I was young,aggressive and hated them with a passion.

Now i still hate them to a degree.I hate their arrogance,their self righteousness,their stupid bonfire and nick nack paddy whack songs,what the f**** i just hate them!

I think the Munich songs should cease.I can still hate them without stooping that low.I remember my auntie telling me that Manchester stood united,red and blue side by side when they brought back the injured and dead.That is what we should remember.....people died.People with wives,sons,daughters and parents.Ex City players too.

I know you can't put an old head on young shoulders.If you could it would have stopped me no end of grief when i was younger.Some of the kids and some of the old sozzled beer monsters are going to still think it is great fun to shout and sing it.Even when i was younger and when the anger and blood rush had subsided i still felt a sense of shame i had resorted to the Munich word to hurt and get a reaction.That is the truth and i don't often admit it.

That is what i feel now everytime i hear it shouted or sang in a derogatory way.Shame.I am sure a lot of other fans and certainly the club do too.I know i will get panned by some for this post,''Get over yourself you hand wringing soft sod!''I don't care.Sometimes you have to say what is right even if the majority consider what you say is wrong.I hope it stops but i fear it won't.

Lucky13 said:
Are we still allowed to call Louis Edwards the bent butcher? or is that next on the taboo list.

i have just been sat with a retired butcher in benidorm, and he use to work for the edwards in the 50s. he said they were bent back then.he hated the bastards.i will work on him to tell about their dealings.

To say that those that are offended weren't even born has a flip side.
Those blues that seem to still use the term weren't even born.

So if you are under 54 you have no reason to use the word, and dont make up another similar word. They are red *****, have always been red ***** and will always be red *****.

From this point in time there is a chance that every time the word munich is heard in public as a derogatory term it will bring down the wrath of the press, politicians and every do gooding *** the world over. Our club and our owner do not deserve that.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.