Accusation of Munich chants

Put this to bed.
There were no Munich chants inside the ground during the game.
(Cannot say what happened down stairs)
Keane came on the pitch, there were a load of chants, for me the best one was Roy Keane wanks his dog, but maybe it didnt comer over that good
on TV.
City fans then went into either The Famous Man United , or somthing like that
which tails off to Munich, Munich.
Now I would say at the end of this there were only a very, very few people
singing this and probably 99% of them were pissed, but no excuse.
So lets not hide behind it, admit it, it did happen.
But FFS lets the Scum at OT put their own house in order first.

The Hypocracy on this board is unbelievable

As stated in the Minuch Chants thread, the term Munich when I use it is a collective noun for Manchester United Supporters, Players or the club in general, there is no offence meant to those victims or survivors or their families. I do not sing the Runway song.

However how many of you little luvvies that get so offended by it, are then bellowing out the "We're havin a party" song. IMO that is much more offensive and personal than just using a term of reference (one that they as a club has been happy to badge themselves with over the years)

So when Fergusson does die, are you all going to be singing it then? I doubt it very much and if you did you would be rightly hammered for it.

If the Runway and Pilot songs are unacceptable why is is such a laugh to sing about having a party when someone dies? In comparison, using the word munich as a collective noun is relatively minor.

Re: The Hypocracy on this board is unbelievable

City fans are a cross section of society therefore some will be dicks.

I agree with your point but I do believe the "Jelly and Ice Cream" reference is just a throw away comment.

big fat fucking whatever.

would be great if it didnt happen.

minority of hardcore virgin scally idiots will sing munich.

never ever going to stop unfortunately.

gone past the stage of giving a flying fuck.

this is football now unfortunately munich hillsbrough it just happens get over it.

what i would say is them red cunts sing about tragedy so they have no leg to stand on.

BigJoe#1 said:
As stated in the Minuch Chants thread, the term Munich when I use it is a collective noun for Manchester United Supporters, Players or the club in general, there is no offence meant to those victims or survivors or their families. I do not sing the Runway song.

However how many of you little luvvies that get so offended by it, are then bellowing out the "We're havin a party" song. IMO that is much more offensive and personal than just using a term of reference (one that they as a club has been happy to badge themselves with over the years)

So when Fergusson does die, are you all going to be singing it then? I doubt it very much and if you did you would be rightly hammered for it.

If the Runway and Pilot songs are unacceptable why is is such a laugh to sing about having a party when someone dies? In comparison, using the word munich as a collective noun is relatively minor.

I don't.

Whitworth Park said:
Put this to bed.
There were no Munich chants inside the ground during the game.
(Cannot say what happened down stairs)
Keane came on the pitch, there were a load of chants, for me the best one was Roy Keane wanks his dog, but maybe it didnt comer over that good
on TV.
City fans then went into either The Famous Man United , or somthing like that
which tails off to Munich, Munich.
Now I would say at the end of this there were only a very, very few people
singing this and probably 99% of them were pissed
, but no excuse.
So lets not hide behind it, admit it, it did happen.
But FFS lets the Scum at OT put their own house in order first.

I was there and it was a lot more than a few. Granted not everybody sung it, but a lot did. i would say at least 50% sung it at the end of the song. At that point i wanted to leave, but we coulodnt as the police had kept us in.

BigJoe#1 said:
As stated in the Minuch Chants thread, the term Munich when I use it is a collective noun for Manchester United Supporters, Players or the club in general, there is no offence meant to those victims or survivors or their families.
But why is it a collective noun? Because it's got 2 syllables or it starts with MUN, which is the 3 letter abbreviation used by Sky and the PL for the rags? No - you use it because they were involved in a plane crash in which 23 people died, which they then exploited. You use it to taunt them that they've gained an advantage from the deaths. You use it to wind them up over the disaster.

Of course it's fucking offensive. People involved in the crash have said it's offensive and upsetting. Our current and previous owners have said it's offensive. What more do you need?

But I wouldn't expect anything much from someone who can't spell 'hypocrisy'. The fact you don't sing the runway song but still find it acceptable to call them 'munichs' is hypocritical in the extreme.

Was in top tier and never heard a single M chant - not one!! They really take the fookin biscuit these rag fookin trolls - anything to deflect well deseved shit away from themselves
Wankers

The trouble with these kind of threads is it gets away from the topic and gets into mud slinging either about morals or the spelling of words. Judgements are made about others from behind a keyboard.

I don't see the point.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.