Adam Johnson guilty - 6 year sentence

While 6 seems relatively heavy, how many have we complained about in the past, whatever the offence, 'getting off lightly'...well, he hasn't got off lightly, and more of it.

He deserves his time no doubt but Andrew Picard who was sent to Eton by his incredibly rich and influential Daddy was recently spared jail despite having over 2,000 images of the most serious kind of child abuse and distributing them.

Make of that what you will.....

And he was allowed by the court and police to use his mother's maiden name to save his family from the bad publicity, even though he apparently never went by the name. His father's name was also removed from articles online.

Yeah don't necessarily disagree but surely a crime is a crime so the time should be the time. I don't think it should make one iota of difference if were talking about a personality in the public eye or dirty old Derek off main street. They essentially present the same danger.
Like most things in life you ideally want some kind of consistency. Just as an example a police officer who lived near me was arrested for grooming and trying to arrange sex with a 12 year old girl. He didn't actually do it because he was arrested before he had chance to go through with it. They also found hundreds of indecent images of children on his computer. So looks very much like a proper paedo and you don't get a much more trusted position in society than police officer. He was sentenced last year to two and a half years in prison. Now people can argue that the police officer should have got much longer (I certainly agree) and use that to justify Johnson's sentence. But he wasn't given longer and the sentence you get shouldn't be some kind of lottery, it should be consistent.

Think less about the sex acts and more about the predatory grooming when he knew her age,i think that is a large part of it and why you can't compare it to another sexual case
Well you can compare it to other cases where there was predatory grooming surely?

Seems a year or so too long to me - if he had pleaded guilty, shown remorse and conducted himself in court I think he would have got 2. His conduct during the trial has been horrendous. Hopefully he will come out a better man.

Well you can compare it to other cases where there was predatory grooming surely?

Compare it to similar ones, where a famous person groomed a child, who was the child's hero, performed a sex act with the said child, pled not guilty, showed no remorse and a bad attitude the whole process. There arent many examples in this country to compare it to.

Not sure as the details of cases aren't the same but it's easy to take the headline and compare them.We all say sentences are not long enough and now we have a decent one that will hopefully influence others in the future

Because of his fame , he has been made an example of. I didn't know the law worked that way. Certainly doesn't if you are a Member of Parliament.

Ridiculous sentance , especially considering a female last year was given a 2 year suspended sentance for grooming and having sex with a minor.,This was later changed to 2 years in jail, on appeal.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.