Adam Johnson guilty - 6 year sentence

Am I the only one that thinks this punishment is excessive. As others have said, in other developed countries this would have been perfectly legal. Is a 15 year old having consensual sex with a 28 year old worse than an 18 year old having consensual sex with a 70 year old?

Am I the only one that thinks this punishment is excessive. As others have said, in other developed countries this would have been perfectly legal. Is a 15 year old having consensual sex with a 28 year old worse than an 18 year old having consensual sex with a 70 year old?
Yes. 15 year olds are under age. 18 year olds are not.
Very simple.

I do think he has probably been given the length of time to prove a point more than anything but don't feel at all sorry for him. The only thing I do think is that anyone and everyone found guilty of such offences should do the same sort of time and they clearly don't. I also don't believe that sentences should be any harsher for people in a position of power etc as that can be manipulated to suit as well, i'm 99% certain there will be someone on this forum that has done less time for a more serious crime unfortunately.

I read something a while ago where someone had posted figures from a different country and there was a high amount of murders commited against young girls/boys where the sentencing for pedophiles was very strict but I can't seem to find which country it was, that is also my other fear that if pedophiles then turn to murderers to cover their tracks if they fear being caught.

I do think he has probably been given the length of time to prove a point more than anything but don't feel at all sorry for him. The only thing I do think is that anyone and everyone found guilty of such offences should do the same sort of time and they clearly don't. I also don't believe that sentences should be any harsher for people in a position of power etc as that can be manipulated to suit as well, i'm 99% certain there will be someone on this forum that has done less time for a more serious crime unfortunately.

I read something a while ago where someone had posted figures from a different country and there was a high amount of murders commited against young girls/boys where the sentencing for pedophiles was very strict but I can't seem to find which country it was, that is also my other fear that if pedophiles then turn to murderers to cover their tracks if they fear being caught.

Stuart Hall?

People banging on about other countries, lets not get things twisted it went on over here so what go's on in other countries doesn't not matter in this case

He took this piss and deserved what he got the nob head

I think he's rather lucky

Yes. 15 year olds are under age. 18 year olds are not.
Very simple.
That's what I'm questioning though. When I was 15 many girls were trying to get laid, some even with older guys. I know he groomed her, but ultimately she chose to be with him. There should be more blame on her part, as well as her parents. What he did was indeed stupid, but this punishment seems excessive and arbitrary.

That's what I'm questioning though. When I was 15 many girls were trying to get laid, some even with older guys. I know he groomed her, but ultimately she chose to be with him. There should be more blame on her part, as well as her parents. What he did was indeed stupid, but this punishment seems excessive and arbitrary.
Your post and your viewpoint is wrong on so many levels. How old are you if you dont mind me asking?

People banging on about other countries, lets not get things twisted it went on over here so what go's on in other countries doesn't not matter in this case

He took this piss and deserved what he got the nob head

I think he's rather lucky
What I'm saying is this sort of punishment is so excessive. There should not be this big of a punishment for having sex with a 15 year old, if one at all.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.