Adam Johnson - How good is he really?

just got this text from a mate, smoggie season ticket holder

"he is good. inconsistent, frustrating and can't pass, but i always sit up when he has the ball. Not sure if he'll be good enough to start with. We needed him more than you!"

Sounds like a typical winger!

I remember hearing good reports about him when he was on loan from Boro, and he really seems to have made his mark this season. I record the goals from the Championship every weekend, and he's scored some great goals for Boro this season. Been their one shining light.

There's a bit of a risk in signing a player from the Championship, but he has played some games in the Premiership, and he has played a significant number of games for the u21s. Players like Ebanks-Blake were on fire in the Championship, but have been unable to deliver in the Premiership so there's always a small worry about how he will adapt, but he has some experience already, and he wil be joining a confident team who are playing well. It's a lot easier stepping into a good team, than being the lone player who everyone looks to to pull you out of the mire.

There aren't many young talented players coming through in the english game that I am aware of, but he seems to be the pick of the crop.

Well Done City. Vieira and Johnson. Good business

Spurs look to be a bit weaker after the window, and it's also encouraging that none of our rivals have significantly strenghened their teams

I just can't wait for him and Michael to play in the same team, so I can crack out some really bad Body Lotion puns.

See it already:

"M Johnson plays it wide to A Johnson. A Johnson runs down the wing and crosses it in, it bounces back out and M Johnson cracks the volley in!!! Great work by Johnson and Johnson - No More Tears for Man City!"

Even better, him and Michael - The Two Jonnies.

It's one goal from him, and another from me.

Thanks guys, I'll be here all week, try the veal.

Marvin said:
I remember hearing good reports about him when he was on loan from Boro, and he really seems to have made his mark this season. I record the goals from the Championship every weekend, and he's scored some great goals for Boro this season. Been their one shining light.

There's a bit of a risk in signing a player from the Championship, but he has played some games in the Premiership, and he has played a significant number of games for the u21s. Players like Ebanks-Blake were on fire in the Championship, but have been unable to deliver in the Premiership so there's always a small worry about how he will adapt, but he has some experience already, and he wil be joining a confident team who are playing well. It's a lot easier stepping into a good team, than being the lone player who everyone looks to to pull you out of the mire.

There aren't many young talented players coming through in the english game that I am aware of, but he seems to be the pick of the crop.

Well Done City. Vieira and Johnson. Good business

Spurs look to be a bit weaker after the window, and it's also encouraging that none of our rivals have significantly strenghened their teams

Thanks.

Has he produced any "magic" goals so far this season? Or is he more of a one-dimensional player that don't have that type of magic flair and do the unexpected genius stuff that Bergkamp and Mancini did?

Boro season ticket holder here- Johnson is a good player although i have serious doubts about whether he has the capacity to be a top premier league winger (inconsistent). Amongst boro fans it is agreed he is nowhere near as good as Downing. whenever he has got the ball this season we have sat up and expected something but his crossing leaves a lot to be desired (don't even get me started on his right foot!) and is ball greedy a lot, but that's in a pretty dire boro team. He's very lightweight and not as quick as you perhaps may think, overall Petrov is a better player. Having said that he may flourish in your team and i hope he does, all the best Jinky!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.