Adam Johnson - How good is he really?

Immaculate Pasta said:
Excites me more than a Frank Ribery or Arjen Robben signing.

You're probably being ironic but I agree. Obviously he won't be as good but I will much prefer watching this guy do well than knowing those 2 mainly came for the money.

It doesnt matter how good he is

One bad game and the mongs on here and that have attached themselves to our club will force him out and wreck his game

I have relatives up there and I've seen a fair bit of this lad. He's quality. An English player who is genuinely two-footed is rare. Bed the fact he is young, English, scores and makes goals, has a good attitude and really wants to be a City player, and I'm made up. Not the finished article but an excellent signing, especially as Chelsea were planning a 'Sturridge' in the summer.

He's a very good player. Only one giving our defense problems when we played them in the cup, scored a good goal against us in the 8-1 thrashing two years ago, and has been tearing up the championship this year. Better then Dowinging.

He's not going to come in and be the next Ribery and I fear that our "fans" will jump all over him because of this, but I expect him to come in, work his ass off, and put in some good preformances. He's already an effective player and will only get better.

Robben, Ribery or Joe Cole down the left would have been a better signing and operate on a different level to Johnson. I think Johnson is a decent enough signing but will hardly set the Premiership on fire. Good luck to him though!

Dancini said:
Immaculate Pasta said:
Excites me more than a Frank Ribery or Arjen Robben signing.

You're probably being ironic but I agree. Obviously he won't be as good but I will much prefer watching this guy do well than knowing those 2 mainly came for the money.

Not being ironic. I know i would get more enjoyment of seeing a player who is ambitious who wants to play for us and see how he progresses with us than buying the finished article because we paid the most money and we don't know if he will be as good as them two or not. Ribery certainly wasn't a world star at 22, far from it, just a potential young player playing for Metz. It wasn't til he moved to Marseille at 23 that he fulfilled that potential.

cleavers said:
Its a signing I don't really understand, I can't imagine for one minute that Mancini knew of him before we played M'boro, so if he's judged him on that game alone its a bit of a worry, more likely its a Kidd signing, he'll know a lot more about him than Mancini, so does that mean its Kidd thats calling the shots ? I don't really know how we will play him either, where does he fit into the plan ? I understand the need for English talent etc, but I'm not convinced he's what we needed right now.

On the scale the OP suggested I'd say about 5.5.

You are aware that after leaving Inter Mancini spent the next year watching the Prem on TV and even some live games when he was in London for a couple of months? I think he'll have known who he was alright.

lancs blue said:
cleavers said:
Its a signing I don't really understand, I can't imagine for one minute that Mancini knew of him before we played M'boro, so if he's judged him on that game alone its a bit of a worry, more likely its a Kidd signing, he'll know a lot more about him than Mancini, so does that mean its Kidd thats calling the shots ? I don't really know how we will play him either, where does he fit into the plan ? I understand the need for English talent etc, but I'm not convinced he's what we needed right now.

On the scale the OP suggested I'd say about 5.5.

You are aware that after leaving Inter Mancini spent the next year watching the Prem on TV and even some live games when he was in London for a couple of months? I think he'll have known who he was alright.

With some managers it only takes a game to know the player has what it takes.

LongsightM13 said:
I have relatives up there and I've seen a fair bit of this lad. He's quality. An English player who is genuinely two-footed is rare. Bed the fact he is young, English, scores and makes goals, has a good attitude and really wants to be a City player, and I'm made up. Not the finished article but an excellent signing, especially as Chelsea were planning a 'Sturridge' in the summer.
I've got a mate who lives up there and he rates him, but reckons he's struggled a bit this year.----Boro fans call him 'Jinky'----for some reason!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.