Adam Johnson - How good is he really?

We'll have turned him into Messi before the nights out.....and that wont be doing him any favours

Good signing IMO, he has always looked lively and has plenty of potential to turn into a top player, I like the fact that he isn't a player in his late 20's coming for a big pay day, Johnson is young and hungry and knows he has to really impress to get into our starting 11. And although nothing is officially confirmed it looks like we may have got him at a fairly decent price.

Haven't seen much of him but can't say I'm overwhelmed. He's 23 in the summer so I have my doubts as to how much further he's going to improve and huge doubts as to whether he'll ever be able to cut it at a club with intentions of winning the title someday soon. In all honesty I reckon he's more likely to become the next wayne routledge as opposed to the next Lionel Messi, but he seems a good lad and obviously I wish him the best of luck

The Fat el Hombre said:
Haven't seen much of him but can't say I'm overwhelmed. He's 23 in the summer so I have my doubts as to how much further he's going to improve and huge doubts as to whether he'll ever be able to cut it at a club with intentions of winning the title someday soon. In all honesty I reckon he's more likely to become the next wayne routledge as opposed to the next Lionel Messi, but he seems a good lad and obviously I wish him the best of luck

So you have not seen much of him, and you feel you can judge him already? The mind boggles

Excites me more than a Frank Ribery or Arjen Robben signing.

Its a signing I don't really understand, I can't imagine for one minute that Mancini knew of him before we played M'boro, so if he's judged him on that game alone its a bit of a worry, more likely its a Kidd signing, he'll know a lot more about him than Mancini, so does that mean its Kidd thats calling the shots ? I don't really know how we will play him either, where does he fit into the plan ? I understand the need for English talent etc, but I'm not convinced he's what we needed right now.

On the scale the OP suggested I'd say about 5.5.

Ducado said:
The Fat el Hombre said:

So you have not seen much of him, and you feel you can judge him already? The mind boggles

How have I judged him exactly? Please explain or admit you're talking shit

cleavers said:
Its a signing I don't really understand, I can't imagine for one minute that Mancini knew of him before we played M'boro, so if he's judged him on that game alone its a bit of a worry, more likely its a Kidd signing, he'll know a lot more about him than Mancini, so does that mean its Kidd thats calling the shots ? I don't really know how we will play him either, where does he fit into the plan ? I understand the need for English talent etc, but I'm not convinced he's what we needed right now.

On the scale the OP suggested I'd say about 5.5.
I'm sure Kidd will have scouted him out and left it to Bobby to make the final decision based on what he's seen.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.