Adam Johnson - How good is he really?

Somud said:
Marvin said:
I remember hearing good reports about him when he was on loan from Boro, and he really seems to have made his mark this season. I record the goals from the Championship every weekend, and he's scored some great goals for Boro this season. Been their one shining light.

There's a bit of a risk in signing a player from the Championship, but he has played some games in the Premiership, and he has played a significant number of games for the u21s. Players like Ebanks-Blake were on fire in the Championship, but have been unable to deliver in the Premiership so there's always a small worry about how he will adapt, but he has some experience already, and he wil be joining a confident team who are playing well. It's a lot easier stepping into a good team, than being the lone player who everyone looks to to pull you out of the mire.

There aren't many young talented players coming through in the english game that I am aware of, but he seems to be the pick of the crop.

Well Done City. Vieira and Johnson. Good business

Spurs look to be a bit weaker after the window, and it's also encouraging that none of our rivals have significantly strenghened their teams

Thanks.

Has he produced any "magic" goals so far this season? Or is he more of a one-dimensional player that don't have that type of magic flair and do the unexpected genius stuff that Bergkamp and Mancini did?

Scored some good goals this season and seem to remember him scoring a top goal away at Preston

My gut feeling say Adam Johnson and also that this is the man who will bring success. He has the right attitude, the right profile to bring in players, and the tactical nous to win games.

However, i'm trying not to let myself get carried away and will still wait till the end of the season to see if we have found messih

:)

Somud said:
Marvin said:
I remember hearing good reports about him when he was on loan from Boro, and he really seems to have made his mark this season. I record the goals from the Championship every weekend, and he's scored some great goals for Boro this season. Been their one shining light.

There's a bit of a risk in signing a player from the Championship, but he has played some games in the Premiership, and he has played a significant number of games for the u21s. Players like Ebanks-Blake were on fire in the Championship, but have been unable to deliver in the Premiership so there's always a small worry about how he will adapt, but he has some experience already, and he wil be joining a confident team who are playing well. It's a lot easier stepping into a good team, than being the lone player who everyone looks to to pull you out of the mire.

There aren't many young talented players coming through in the english game that I am aware of, but he seems to be the pick of the crop.

Well Done City. Vieira and Johnson. Good business

Spurs look to be a bit weaker after the window, and it's also encouraging that none of our rivals have significantly strenghened their teams

Thanks.

Has he produced any "magic" goals so far this season? Or is he more of a one-dimensional player that don't have that type of magic flair and do the unexpected genius stuff that Bergkamp and Mancini did?
A very talented winger with a lot of potential.

Wouldn't burden him with comparisons with Bergkamp etc. Players with pace stand out in the lower divisions. I remember watching Vassell cut Chamnpionship teams like Sheff Weds, and Southampton open when we played them in the Cups, but struggle badly when we played the next week in the Premiership

When I watched his goals on TV, I didn't expect City to sign him, so I didn't watch very closely. I recall some mazy runs, followed by curling shots, and some free-kicks.

I am sure he will be a big success at City. Question is whether he can do it straight away, or whether it takes until next season for him to adapt. Mancini has already shown that he is prepared to play young players if they impress in training. I think if he shows up well in training he will get a chance in the next month to show what he can do

DannyMFC said:
Boro season ticket holder here- Johnson is a good player although i have serious doubts about whether he has the capacity to be a top premier league winger (inconsistent). Amongst boro fans it is agreed he is nowhere near as good as Downing. whenever he has got the ball this season we have sat up and expected something but his crossing leaves a lot to be desired (don't even get me started on his right foot!) and is ball greedy a lot, but that's in a pretty dire boro team. He's very lightweight and not as quick as you perhaps may think, overall Petrov is a better player. Having said that he may flourish in your team and i hope he does, all the best Jinky!

Thanks for the post mate.

From the two times I've seen him play against City, and the U-21 Champs, I pretty much got the impression that he still needed a bit of work. That said, he is one of the best English winger prospects, and he seems to treat us like we're Real Madrid, which is both flattering and weird.

Him and micky on the pitch we'll have a right pair of johnnies playing for us.

Not quite what we needed, We already have Bellamy,Petrov and Robiniho if ever gets the balls for it again so signing seems very strange, Could have done with right sided players to put pressure on the non performers eg SWP, we play a left winger on the right instead ...puzzling

<a class="postlink" href="http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/eng_div_1/8484092.stm" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/footbal ... 484092.stm</a>

This has just been put on the BBC website, 2 quality goals!

He started off his first interview on the official site in Hughes-esque form with the amount of 'obviouslys'!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.