Adam Johnson: Joining Manchester City is bad for your career

km09 said:
where has all this Johnsons drinking come from, i never really remember him being in the papers for being out clubbing before matches. One time i tink i read he was at a college party in scotland with Barry and Given i think.

I only new of the one time in scotland

i reckon when he looks back at his career,he will think to himself,you know wht if only i worked as hard as i could do,i would of won loads at city and had a long england career,its only a matter of time before he finds his attitude level and it wont be in the prem.

He is 25 and should be coming up to the peak of his career but at the moment it is stalling. Martin O'Neil might be the manager to get the best out of him, but it is down to the player as well. I expect him to have a stormer against us in the return fixture.

His advice to young English players should be "don't become one dimensional wingers that can't do anything other than run fast down the touchline"

Not much humility in that article, probably expects O'Neil to write his name on the sheet every game just because he used to be with the champions. Doubt he'll work hard enough to keep his spot...sense of entitlement about him.

sir peace frog said:
i reckon when he looks back at his career,he will think to himself,you know wht if only i worked as hard as i could do,i would of won loads at city and had a long england career,its only a matter of time before he finds his attitude level and it wont be in the prem.

Couldn't agree more.
Saturday was his time to shine, prove he could do it in a big game, show everyone what he's about.
Yet he performed as he did every time he got a start for City in a telling game. Offered nothing, was largely absent from play. Was not an outlet or an option for his team mates and was eventually replaced without even coming close to influencing the game.

The chap in front of me was a big Johnson fan, loved him. Always screaming get AJ on, I would always ask him, for who? Silva? Aguero? Nasri? Why?
Ironically he also rates Kolarov as the worst left bacvk we've had.
I took great pleasure in pointing out to him that Kolarov is not the first left back to influence the game beyond all reasonable levels whilst marking Johnson.

Our worst ever left back(according to some) not only marked Johnson out of the game, but scored and played his best game ever(probably). I guarantee that Jimmy Kebe, Wayne Routledge, Lloyd Dyer would all have given Kolarov a tougher game.

Lets hope Johnson can concentrate on his own game, improve immensely and become a Sunderland regular. I doubt he will, and I see him making one more backwards step in the Prem before finding his level in the Championship.

As one poster stated, Mancini demands winners, not players who need a hug, winners are winners they don't need managers to tell them every week how good they are.
Keegan, O'Neill, Arry all great blokes great motivators will all make you feel 10ft tall but have won about 2 pots between them.

Shearer giving it to Johnno after his latest crap performance.

-

"You could argue Sunderland were also playing with 10 given Adam Johnson’s performance. I don’t remember him making a run, beating a man or getting a cross in.

"Some questioned Roberto Mancini for not playing him often enough at Manchester City. He certainly seemed to have the potential to make it with them.

"Mancini said so himself, which is why he was often hard on him when he questioned his workrate. But in the end he decided to cash in.

"This was a new start, the regular football Johnson craved.

"He has had a few niggles yes, but you have to wonder whether that potential he has will ever be fulfilled."

It made me laugh how all the pundits for ages were pushing the idea of 'poor little Johno, one of Englands brightest, not getting a chance at City'. I'm glad the country can now see it for what it was. Mancini gave Adam every opportunity, more than he'd merited in my opinion. But what can you do? In the end if Johnson didn't want to put a shift in then there is only so much you can bear with someone before you say "Well, sorry lad, all the best to you lad, but it's time you moved on."

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.