adam johnson (merged)

ConnorMCFC said:
MCC said:
If he does sign he is not a Mancini signing for me. Must be Marwood taking a punt. Very worrying. Johnson is hardly world class but a decent player with potential.
thats exacly why were going for him, i wouldnt pay over the odds though for potential, he may look quality in a poor team and lower league, whether he can cut it with the elite is another matter
He stands out a mile, and he's not a kid any more. You have a point about the different standard of football but he such has been the quality of his play this season that we should really be going in for him if we are serious about bringing the best young players to City

If were going to sign him, it makes business sense to sign him now, he's had all the top sides watching him, including some big sides from abroad if I remember rightly, if we dont sign him now, we'll probably still be pursuing him in 2 years when he's moved elsewhere, and end up paying £10 mil more than we will now. Plus he's English which fits in well with the european quoter coming in. . . . . . .good signing IMO.

Breaking News*********Breaking News*********Breaking News*********Breaking News**********

Johnson has spat his dummy big time and is insisting on the chance to talk to City and has, according to someone close to Keith Lamb, already decided he wants away this window.

As I live in the North East I do get to hear some juicy gossip about the footie up here and it is so much easier to get close to the players etc than it is elsewhere.

I have put a call into a friend who lives in Wynyard to see if anything is in the air from the players/players wives.

I would say that according to the tittle tattle we could well get our man on this occasion.

fbloke said:
Breaking News*********Breaking News*********Breaking News*********Breaking News**********

Johnson has spat his dummy big time and is insisting on the chance to talk to City and has, according to someone close to Keith Lamb, already decided he wants away this window.

As I live in the North East I do get to hear some juicy gossip about the footie up here and it is so much easier to get close to the players etc than it is elsewhere.

I have put a call into a friend who lives in Wynyard to see if anything is in the air from the players/players wives.

I would say that according to the tittle tattle we could well get our man on this occasion.

How is that breaking news lol SSN have been saying that all day!

I suppose as I tend to ignore all the speculation on SSN.

Perhaps its more a case of

Confirmed News*******Bullshit Level Reduced********Confirmed News*******Bullshit Level Reduced*******Confirmed News*******Bullshit Level Reduced*********

Ntini77 said:
Quicker version of Stewart Downing, excellent prospect.

I was thinking the same thing mate. Johnson's good with both feet and an excellent crosser of the ball, think it'd be a really good signing.

What game was it fairly recently that Bellamy actually played as an out and out striker with Tevez? I'm sure there was one, because i remember commenting on Bluemoon that they looked to have much more of an understanding than Ade and Tevez did together. If we sign Johnson, we could well see Bellamy as a striker again. And that excites me because Bellamy is usually a pretty clinical finisher. Then again, Johnson could always play on the right instead of SWP i suppose, but whenever i've watched Boro this season, he's been on the left. Tevez will obviously be 1st choice, but we could then rotate Bellamy and Adebayor as Tevez's partner (assuming we are playing 2 upfront), depending upon the opposition (some will be vulberable to pace, others to height). People have been saying we could do with another striker due to Benjani being hopeless and RSC constantly injured (and i agree). Signing Johnson would effectively give us that extra striker.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.