adam johnson (merged)

just the type of player we need to be bringing in ready for next seasons champions league, and PLatini and Blatter cant complain about us buying the best foreign talent. Wont cost us a fortune,used to playing in the Premier League and is fast and skilfull.

Good young english player with prem experience. Cheap money as well as hes out of contract in the summer.

Looks a better player than downing for a third of the money. Id have Moses as well it just gives even more cover plus there english so would help with any future cheating fifa rules.

Also their wages will be low comparatively will help with the new turnover regs commign in next few years.

Johnson I am not too sure about. In the cup tie against City did he not go off with a pulled muscle or hamstring. For 7 million or whatever it is it is a bit on the rich side. Just because he is English they wack up the price no way near that amount should only be around the 3 million mark. I said before about wingers and I mentioned Aiden McGeady off Celtic who is around the same age as Johnson but has the experience of playing champions league football as well and it was laughed at. Compare Johnson and McGeady I would rather see City go for McGeady better all round player than Johnson also with Celtic strapped for cash that deal for McGeady would work out cheaper if we went with 4 million cash up front Celtic would chop our hands off.

leighton said:
Johnson I am not too sure about. In the cup tie against City did he not go off with a pulled muscle or hamstring. For 7 million or whatever it is it is a bit on the rich side. Just because he is English they wack up the price no way near that amount should only be around the 3 million mark. I said before about wingers and I mentioned Aiden McGeady off Celtic who is around the same age as Johnson but has the experience of playing champions league football as well and it was laughed at. Compare Johnson and McGeady I would rather see City go for McGeady better all round player than Johnson also with Celtic strapped for cash that deal for McGeady would work out cheaper if we went with 4 million cash up front Celtic would chop our hands off.

If McGeady was available for that price then other clubs would have moved for him by now, he hasnt developed as a player for a couple of seasons and having watched Johnson a few times now i'm convinced he is the bigger talent.

Hopefully we can tie this one up asap.

Haven't read all of this thread but it seems he is interested despite ex-rag Strachan offering some token resistance. Folly given that he is bound to leave in the summer.

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,12876_5891248,00.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528, ... 48,00.html</a>

Do not think he is that cheap - I do not think that we will get him this window either - unless we off > £8m

Reason being that he is one of their academy players - it is just like the Sturridge situation and with him a regular 1st team player you would expect that the tribunal will award more than the Sturridge situation

Hope we get him sounds like he wants to talk to us!

Cant understand why we arent one of the three teams linked with Victor Mosses and why only Championship teams seem to be in for him now!

What happened to the Real interest?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.