adam johnson (merged)

Blu KB said:
leighton said:
Johnson I am not too sure about. In the cup tie against City did he not go off with a pulled muscle or hamstring. For 7 million or whatever it is it is a bit on the rich side. Just because he is English they wack up the price no way near that amount should only be around the 3 million mark. I said before about wingers and I mentioned Aiden McGeady off Celtic who is around the same age as Johnson but has the experience of playing champions league football as well and it was laughed at. Compare Johnson and McGeady I would rather see City go for McGeady better all round player than Johnson also with Celtic strapped for cash that deal for McGeady would work out cheaper if we went with 4 million cash up front Celtic would chop our hands off.

If McGeady was available for that price then other clubs would have moved for him by now, he hasnt developed as a player for a couple of seasons and having watched Johnson a few times now i'm convinced he is the bigger talent.

Hopefully we can tie this one up asap.

I just think McGeady needs the move to English football. Yes he hasn't progressed as much as I would of hoped for him but I think it is just he is up against average players most of the time. You watch him play against better players and you watch him skinning them and you think what is he doing at Celtic. Under a new manager he would progress more here at City than at Celtic. Johnson no matter what people say has done little or nothing compared to McGeady they are both playing at a poor level. Johnson didn't do a lot when he played in the PL as well.

leighton said:
Blu KB said:
If McGeady was available for that price then other clubs would have moved for him by now, he hasnt developed as a player for a couple of seasons and having watched Johnson a few times now i'm convinced he is the bigger talent.

Hopefully we can tie this one up asap.

I just think McGeady needs the move to English football. Yes he hasn't progressed as much as I would of hoped for him but I think it is just he is up against average players most of the time. You watch him play against better players and you watch him skinning them and you think what is he doing at Celtic. Under a new manager he would progress more here at City than at Celtic. Johnson no matter what people say has done little or nothing compared to McGeady they are both playing at a poor level. Johnson didn't do a lot when he played in the PL as well.

Would take Johnson over Mceady every day of the week.

The thing that bothers me a little is that he's 22 and yet to get a full international cap. I'd like to think that we'd be signing young players with plenty of caps already who are more likely to progress into top, top players (think Kompany and Nige). Adam Johnson has a bit of a jermaine jenas/tom huddlestone feel about it, althogh admittedly I haven't seen much of him and will refrain from passing any real judgement for a while

The Fat el Hombre said:
The thing that bothers me a little is that he's 22 and yet to get a full international cap. I'd like to think that we'd be signing young players with plenty of caps already who are more likely to progress into top, top players (think Kompany and Nige). Adam Johnson has a bit of a jermaine jenas/tom huddlestone feel about it, althogh admittedly I haven't seen much of him and will refrain from passing any real judgement for a while

No - Johnson is an out and out wide player - more in the mould of a right footed Downing

Good signing this hope it goes through. I would argue this strenthens us with Robinho going as he didnt want to play and wasnt really suited to the prem. Johnson is one for the future and a much more useable player.

£5 million is good value as well with him being out of contract in the summer, makes up for losing Sturridge. Seems Benjani is on the way as well with us get a bit of Money hopefully we put that towards getting Victor Moses for £2 million ish another bargain young english forward player.

I get much more excited about signing slike this as they can make a difference today but they also show long term planing - 3 - 4 years down the line. What scum and Arsenal have been doing for years.

Johnson, IMO, is a much better player than Downing....

Ask any borough fan and they will agree. He is a better younger player, without the injury history for a third of the money.

mike channon´s windmill said:
The Fat el Hombre said:

No - Johnson is an out and out wide player - more in the mould of a right footed Downing

Except he's left footed....;- )

Personally I think this would be a fantastic signing. Johnson, IMO, is a much better player than Downing....

BillyShears said:
mike channon´s windmill said:

Except he's left footed....;- )

Personally I think this would be a fantastic signing. Johnson, IMO, is a much better player than Downing....

Is Johnson left footed ? If so then he´s a righted SIDED Downing - didn´t he start onthe left against us though ? Fook I´ve got myself in a right pickle here ! ;o

Anyway he´s a wide man not a C.M. correct?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.