Adam Johnson to Liverpool?

Johnson is still developing and is already a great talent. He will only get better. I don't believe he will be sold and it would be stupid if he was. Some our fans are a bit blinded by the funds we have

Sell Johnson? No thank you!! Theres a lack of players around like Johnson, where sometimes he may not get past his man or produce the goods, but he will always go back and try something different. He's very good to watch, and for that reason alone I would never want to sell him. When Johnson is on form, he's great to watch. People forget his end of season blip was after a bad injury he had, but when fully fit at the start of the year he was brilliant.

We are a far bigger threat when Johnson is on the pitch and when he isn't on the pitch we only play down the middle, look one-dimensional and lack width, so I'd say Johnson is definitely vital to the way we play. Great talent, and the best young English talent around (even better than Wilshere). We need to keep him at all costs.

He will be brilliant in Europe next season.

How can we possibly judge a left winger playing mostly on the right? We are not a selling club and in no need to sell to one of our biggest rivals, so the logical solution is for Mancini to buy a proven quality right winger and let Adam play in his natural L/W position. The lad can only get better IMO and i hope he gets better whilst still playing for us.

bluemoon risin' said:
How can we possibly judge a left winger playing mostly on the right? We are not a selling club and in no need to sell to one of our biggest rivals, so the logical solution is for Mancini to buy a proven quality right winger and let Adam play in his natural L/W position. The lad can only get better IMO and i hope he gets better whilst still playing for us.

Right wing is where AJ likes to play. If you asked him, he would probably say he is a right winger.

Obviously £20m is a great price for him and should be accepted as we can get a better (younger) player for that. He's welcome to stay, as there are a lot of games to play next season. But in no way is he vital to the team.

For anyone that thinks AJ is a 'young' player that will turn out top class, you don't even need to look at the incredible players like Messi and Ronaldo to think that argument is ridiculous. Look at Nasri, Bale, Hernandez (take your blue tinted specs off for a minute if you need to) etc.

Silva was world class a few seasons ago. He is only just a year older than AJ.

I think this is a pretty balanced post, I look forward to the AJ worshipers responses.

CTID Chris said:
bluemoon risin' said:

Right wing is where AJ likes to play. If you asked him, he would probably say he is a right winger.

Obviously £20m is a great price for him and should be accepted as we can get a better (younger) player for that. He's welcome to stay, as there are a lot of games to play next season. But in no way is he vital to the team.

For anyone that thinks AJ is a 'young' player that will turn out top class, you don't even need to look at the incredible players like Messi and Ronaldo to think that argument is ridiculous. Look at Nasri, Bale, Hernandez (take your blue tinted specs off for a minute if you need to) etc.

Silva was world class a few seasons ago. He is only just a year older than AJ.

I think this is a pretty balanced post, I look forward to the AJ worshipers responses.
Hear, hear!!!

The "he is still a young player" arguments always turns my head. Johnson may have an up season here and a down season there, but it looks like this is what he is going to be for the next 5-6 years (which will form his most productive years). At 23 most players are at their peaks. What they need is to stay consistently there to pile up stats. The haphazard dribbler first, passer second, limited vision, and a good eye for cross running English international is the full Arsenal we are gonna get from AJ. He might become slightly better here and or slightly poorer there. But he is unlikely to become a superstar banging in 20 goals and 15 assists a season, or causing uncontainable havoc. This is it folks.

Frankly, and this might sound a bit pessimistic depending on where you are from, I see a lot of Joe Cole in him. great dribbler, who would be called still young until he is about to retire.

I mean Wilshere is 19 folks, and he is a first team starter for England already. Now that is a guy you could guess might become a superstar. Not a 23 yearold backup national team dribbler.

I want AJ to be here next season, we missed so much this season when he was injured.

Tevez City said:
I want AJ to be here next season, we missed so much this season when he was injured.
True, but this presupposes that if he weren't here we wouldn't by others. We needed AJ when he was injured because we had a shortage of offensive options, and the guys playing every Thursday and Sunday were struggling with Fatigue. Respite in a sub like AJ to give some of them rest would have been great, and his occasional brilliance in coming up with fantastic highlight reels would have been nice too. But we didn't miss him coz he was fantastic, we missed him coz he was one of ours who wasn't available.

Dax777 said:
Tevez City said:
True, but this presupposes that if he weren't here we wouldn't by others. We needed AJ when he was injured because we had a shortage of offensive options, and the guys playing every Thursday and Sunday were struggling with Fatigue. Respite in a sub like AJ to give some of them rest would have been great, and his occasional brilliance in coming up with fantastic highlight reels would have been nice too. But we didn't miss him coz he was fantastic, we missed him coz he was one of ours who wasn't available.
don't understand any of that

I wouldn't sell incase we get a Richards situation again. Richards was garbage for a long time and many were like i'll drive him to the airport when it was rumoured we were gonna sell him. Now look at him. I'd hate to sell Johnson only for him to click as a player and become a real force.

Dax777 said:
Frankly, and this might sound a bit pessimistic depending on where you are from, I see a lot of Joe Cole in him. great dribbler, who would be called still young until he is about to retire.

Yep I see him as our Joe Cole

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.