Adam Johnson

doomuk said:
I like the guy and think we missed him when he got injured in the last 3rd of the season and theres my problem.

I specifically remember a lot of us (me included) saying 'when AJ is back etc etc, we need his creativity from the left. I specifically remember Manchini saying similar things and you know what....we STILL havent signed any wingers so what makes you think not hainv ghim in the squad wont hurt us?

We need him as we are short on wingers. End of.

-- Fri Jul 29, 2011 11:52 am --

Mancio said:
ANY1aBLUE said:
I just don't get the bin johnson feelings expressed herein.

He's the best; English, young, highly talented players we have. Skills and potential wise, he is head and shoulders above Milner - yet I don't see the same clamour for Milner's head?

I have said the same thing all along. He is LEFT footed - that means he crosses with his LEFT foot. Yet he's played on the RIGHT. It was the same when Tevez was being asked to play the lone-striker role - something he was totally unsuited for.
Its horses for courses, pegs-in-holes etc, but don't think the boy Johnson can't perform the role of winger - he's just not being given the chance.

Another example of this was Mcmananamamaman for England. Constantly played on the wrong wing. Therefore having to cut back to be effective. Top defenders know this and force them inside. I can understand their frustration as they're being hamstrung all the time. You can see it in Johnson's body language. But the boy clearly wants to play for us and has huge ability. I suspect, if he was 'over the road' they'd certainly be playing him on the left wing.

If Mancini isnt going to play 4-4-2 at any time, then Johnson will never have a place in his team and, for the sake of the player, we should let him go. Chelsea's new boss obviously thinks 4-4-2 isnt dead yet..............

AVB play 4-3-3

AJ has been quoted a few times as saying he preferes playing on the right and cutting in.

I didn't know that. I take it back IF that's true. Seems like I haven't got much support on this one!

ANY1aBLUE said:
doomuk said:
I like the guy and think we missed him when he got injured in the last 3rd of the season and theres my problem.

I specifically remember a lot of us (me included) saying 'when AJ is back etc etc, we need his creativity from the left. I specifically remember Manchini saying similar things and you know what....we STILL havent signed any wingers so what makes you think not hainv ghim in the squad wont hurt us?

Mancio said:
AVB play 4-3-3

AJ has been quoted a few times as saying he preferes playing on the right and cutting in

I didn't know that. I take it back IF that's true. Seems like I haven't got much support on this one!

while this may be the case, if Bob says thats how you are going to play, only a stupid man (or ade) would come out and say anything other than that!!

I think the problem is people expect him to take over a game, or to be constantly in the action because he shows so much at times during a match. Bottom line, he's a pure wide player. He isn't involved in the play very often and goes stretches where he is less visible. But he puts real fear into defenders, we have few players that can do that. He's not always going to burn his man, but he does often, he can finish, he can create and he has patience and vision. He's also had some big moments for the club.

I simply do not believe he should only be used as a 'super sub' of sorts, he should be a 70 minute player who gives way imo. He gets too much criticism.

burning blue soul said:
ANY1aBLUE said:
doomuk said:

AJ has been quoted a few times as saying he preferes playing on the right and cutting in

while this may be the case, if Bob says thats how you are going to play, only a stupid man (or ade) would come out and say anything other than that!!

are you suggesting ade isnt stupid?

HellasLEAF said:
I think the problem is people expect him to take over a game, or to be constantly in the action because he shows so much at times during a match. Bottom line, he's a pure wide player. He isn't involved in the play very often and goes stretches where he is less visible. But he puts real fear into defenders, we have few players that can do that. He's not always going to burn his man, but he does often, he can finish, he can create and he has patience and vision. He's also had some big moments for the club.

I simply do not believe he should only be used as a 'super sub' of sorts, he should be a 70 minute player who gives way imo. He gets too much criticism.

Im with this, defenders seem terrified of him when he's at full speed running at them. I agree with the point that he generally seems unfit but thats something that can be sorted out and doesn't really provide a reason to sell

I hope he doesn't go.

He will be an important player coming off the bench next season in my opinion. He's just not a starter though.

Pigs will fly before we loan him to Everton or anyone else.

There is less than 0% chance of that happening and we all well know it.

Hes a key squad player and the only decent out and out winger we haveat the moment. No idea why anyone would think we would be willing to sell let alone loan him. He still has over 3 years left on his current deal as well so has no bargaining position in this.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.