Adam Johnson

king said:
once the price is right ill even gift rap him , crossing needs work ,shot could be better an at times over dribbles when a simple pass or a cross would suffice. im not hating i actually like him but anything over 15mil i think city should take it an run.

What if it is to Chelsea or another Prem league team?

At that price I probably would as well.

revisisland said:
king said:
once the price is right ill even gift rap him , crossing needs work ,shot could be better an at times over dribbles when a simple pass or a cross would suffice. im not hating i actually like him but anything over 15mil i think city should take it an run.

What if it is to Chelsea or another Prem league team?

At that price I probably would as well.

if its chelsea jack up the price to at least 25 mil

king said:

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz !!

I'd sell. Thought he had the potential to be very good when he first signed, but seems to have gone backwards since IMO.

Now is just disappointing.

alky313 said:
I'd rather loan him with a sell clause of 20 mil than sell him for 10 and watch him flourish.

Thank god you aren't in charge! So if he turns into a world beater from his year on loan, they can snap him up for £20 million pound without us having a say. Great! We are not going to be selling him for £10m. Everyone knows the going rate is £20m for british wingers!

SamTheGuru said:
alky313 said:
I'd rather loan him with a sell clause of 20 mil than sell him for 10 and watch him flourish.

Thank god you aren't in charge! So if he turns into a world beater from his year on loan, they can snap him up for £20 million pound without us having a say. Great! We are not going to be selling him for £10m. Everyone knows the going rate is £20m for british wingers!

"Everyone knows" that Johnson has not yet come close to the accomplishments that garner such price. Fact is the going rate of 20 mil goes for players who are more accomplished than Johnson. Downing has 20 more caps and 7 more goals than Johnno. Adam has yet to show any signs that he is a world beater and it is unlikely he will live up to the massive hype surrounding him when he was sold. He is a solid player. He doesn't have a great cross from the wing and his stepovers have amounted to a crapshoot.

With any improvement Johnson would garner the same sort of deal that Downing got. Perhaps a bit more for his age. I like the lad. But I think you're overvaluing everything about the player.

alky313 said:
SamTheGuru said:
alky313 said:

"Everyone knows" that Johnson has not yet come close to the accomplishments that garner such price. Fact is the going rate of 20 mil goes for players who are more accomplished than Johnson. Downing has 20 more caps and 7 more goals than Johnno. Adam has yet to show any signs that he is a world beater and it is unlikely he will live up to the massive hype surrounding him when he was sold. He is a solid player. He doesn't have a great cross from the wing and his stepovers have amounted to a crapshoot.

With any improvement Johnson would garner the same sort of deal that Downing got. Perhaps a bit more for his age. I like the lad. But I think you're overvaluing everything about the player.

Hold on a sec there mate, what about Henderson then? He went for around £20 mill and Johnson is far more accomplished than him. If you're gonna argue that Henderson is younger so worth more then it could be argued that Johnno is younger than Downing

Asking for £20 mill for Johnson is overvaluing the player, but so is £20 mill for Downing and £20 mill for Henderson, and quite a lot of fees paid for other british players

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.