Adam Johnson

Dax777 said:
Murph said:
Dax777 said:
Adam Johnson videos are like Kolarov videos. They are extremely impressive when you only focus on the good, but it is everything else in between that is depressing.

I think that's being a little bit harsh on AJ mate. It's not easy to shine when your not a regular fixture in the team and don't get a good solid run of games.
I wasn't being harsh on him. I was differentiating between youtube vids, and real game. It is the same for most players. But one has to see more than just when he does something fantastic to determine if he is decent.

If you aren't being harsh on him why did you use the word depressing?

We need good solid back up players and AJ is one of those.

Dax777 said:
LoveCity said:
Johnson was fine till his injury, in fact he was one of our best players before that for some time and also bagging goals. The injury seems to have derailed him massively, don't know what has happened.
No he wasn't. He had one or two fantastic games and a series of nondescript ones. Our best players were Tevez, Komps, Hart, Silva, De Jong and Zabaletta in the early part. Johnson was never really in the equation. And when he got back from injury, he replicated his on and off form. Having a blinder in his 1st game back, and one other good game with a buch of nondescript games in between.

I agree with every word of that Dax.

If Adam was Welsh or Irish would any one care if he left, I say no. I think SWP has played miles better in the there pre season games so far, but thats nothing to go on.

okstate99 said:
Dax777 said:
LoveCity said:
Johnson was fine till his injury, in fact he was one of our best players before that for some time and also bagging goals. The injury seems to have derailed him massively, don't know what has happened.
No he wasn't. He had one or two fantastic games and a series of nondescript ones. Our best players were Tevez, Komps, Hart, Silva, De Jong and Zabaletta in the early part. Johnson was never really in the equation. And when he got back from injury, he replicated his on and off form. Having a blinder in his 1st game back, and one other good game with a buch of nondescript games in between.

I agree with every word of that Dax.

If Adam was Welsh or Irish would any one care if he left, I say no. I think SWP has played miles better in the there pre season games so far, but thats nothing to go on.

The 'English affinity' is kind of unfair to cite. I agree with Dax also, but English players are almost always in an advantageous position. Andy Carroll, Stewart Downing, Ashley young and Phil Jones to name a few. Johnson is a good winger and I feel he's a player that he does more than just 'meeting the quota.'

I would like him a lot more if he was consistent.
He was great for us as a last 20/30 min guy but I don't think he will want to play this role. He's often terrible when played for the whole 90.

Murph said:
Dax777 said:
Murph said:
I think that's being a little bit harsh on AJ mate. It's not easy to shine when your not a regular fixture in the team and don't get a good solid run of games.
I wasn't being harsh on him. I was differentiating between youtube vids, and real game. It is the same for most players. But one has to see more than just when he does something fantastic to determine if he is decent.

If you aren't being harsh on him why did you use the word depressing?

If you took out the highlight reel, and watched the rest of AJ, it was often depressing! That was more of a fact than a slight. That said, the highlight reel is part of who he is, so you really can't take it out. I was just saying (perhaps poorly() that he burns very hot and very cold!

todays papers reporting he could go to Everton on loan, i really cant see us letting him go.
Looks like he will be starting the big games from the bench but he is gonna be one of the first on if things are not going to plan imo.

It is better to have Adam Johnson inside the tent pissing out rather than outside the tent pissing in..

This will happen until we win the league. Every paper in England thinks that a player like Johnson has to start for City. They do not value the talent in front of him nor do they value our necessity in depth.

The papers would be all over the likes of Aaron Lennon sitting regularly for Spuds. But he'd be apart of bacon faces genius plan if he played one of 3 games for the rags. Its just the way things work. We have to prove people wrong and prove we are worthy of a large/deep squad. With a bench full of internationals and us buying Aguero we don't have a huge rebuttal. Most people will look for the short answer than essay format when it comes to why we have such a massive squad already.

Daveth said:
I would like him a lot more if he was consistent.
He was great for us as a last 20/30 min guy but I don't think he will want to play this role. He's often terrible when played for the whole 90.
Agree with that. He used to scare defences when he came on for 20/30 mins, but over the course of a whole 90 mins I thought he wasn't as impressive. Don't know if he'll be happy to be a bit part player though.

Murph said:

Totally agree, AJ is decent back up. So the question is how much is a good solid back up player worth because presumably back up players are far from indispensible and offers will be considered. I reckon anything over 15m has to be considered and 20m accepted. Obviously talk of 10m is silly, not nearly enough when Henderson goes for 20m.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.