Adam Johnson

smiles said:
Chevelle said:
smiles said:
He's had a dip in form, but everybody forgets he's a youngster. I was at the Galaxy match and he was woeful, more than anything he looked short of ideas. Hugging the touchline for possession and then doing nothing with it.
Bottom line is he's a talent, form is temporary, class is permanent...

He is 24... not exactly a youngster is he now? He should be almost at his peak. To me when he starts a game he kind of seems to pace himself as if he is worried he will burn out quickly? But then he just plays like he is half-arsed the whole time.

Fair enough on the age. I guess he's not the complete winger many thought he was. I mostly think he's inconsistent more than anything, he scored some crackers last season, so he can do it...

Very true.. he has a great shot on him sometimes! Just wonder if his head isn't in the game sometimes?

I'd keep SWP and Weiss above Johnson because both are Academy products which is handy for the CL rules (unless I'm not understanding them properly).

Johnson isn't good enough imo. He makes great runs to be fair to the lad but he can't see to get the balance right between being a threat and helping out the full back.

Definitely a great impact sub but with 4 competitions I think we need more than that. SWP and Weis can do that, as well as Suarez and a few other kids.

I think he'll be worth very little next season so I'd sell him now.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

All the above applies to Milner too. I know no one agrees and he's had a nightmare since leaving but I think Milner replacing Ireland was an awful decision. We have kids that can come in a do what Milner does, i.e. be a terrier without adding much. But we can't get rid of another English player unless we are happy to go with a 24 man squad.

And maybe there's hope for Milner. If he could learn to tackle he could take over from Barry.

When you think of it there just aren't many decent English players around anymore. Maybe England should be looking at Granny rules?

So, conclusively anyone? Is A. Johnson going to cement the winger place (when we need it)?
Or is he condemned to be an impact sub?

no doubt in my mind milner will come good when played in the right position, great asset and model professional?

mancunial said:
no doubt in my mind milner will come good when played in the right position, great asset and model professional?

I think he's good; he's just not good enough. We've got Y.toure who can play in his favoured position. He's in another class to milner. Even so, Mancini has a very diverse utility player on his hands. He can operate pretty much play across the midfield and that'll be helpful with the amount of games we've got. He's been used as a holding mid once or twice (centrally) but we've got de jong....

He's definitely worth keeping a hold of though.

TonyM said:
I'd keep SWP and Weiss above Johnson because both are Academy products which is handy for the CL rules (unless I'm not understanding them properly).

Johnson isn't good enough imo. He makes great runs to be fair to the lad but he can't see to get the balance right between being a threat and helping out the full back.

Definitely a great impact sub but with 4 competitions I think we need more than that. SWP and Weis can do that, as well as Suarez and a few other kids.

I think he'll be worth very little next season so I'd sell him now.

All the above applies to Milner too. I know no one agrees and he's had a nightmare since leaving but I think Milner replacing Ireland was an awful decision. We have kids that can come in a do what Milner does, i.e. be a terrier without adding much. But we can't get rid of another English player unless we are happy to go with a 24 man squad.

And maybe there's hope for Milner. If he could learn to tackle he could take over from Barry.

When you think of it there just aren't many decent English players around anymore. Maybe England should be looking at Granny rules?

He never replaced Ireland... Ireland was shit in every season before 08/09 and has been every season since. As for him having a nightmare, playing a CM with his attributes on the wing was never going to put him in a good light, but to be fair to him he stuck at it. When he slowly gets introduced from next season as Barry's replacement hopefully he can prove alot of people wrong and really cement his place in the team

mancunial said:

I know I get loads of abuse but Javi Martinez is light years ahead of Milner and Barry and will become the best box to box midfielder in the world. He can be a defensive rock or an attacking midfielder with an excellent range of passing, he's also good in the air and has a fierce shot. Perhaps we can go for him next year! If we don't he'll be a Barca player within 2 years

Mad 4 It said:
mancunial said:

I know I get loads of abuse but Javi Martinez is light years ahead of Milner and Barry and will become the best box to box midfielder in the world. He can be a defensive rock or an attacking midfielder with an excellent range of passing, he's also good in the air and has a fierce shot. Perhaps we can go for him next year! If we don't he'll be a Barca player within 2 years

I won't abuse you :), I'm sensible and accept it's you opinion :). I'd just have to say, he's 22 and isn't currently at a level that justifies an 'exceptional' label. If you play the potential card, where'd you draw the line? Balotelli's already a very good european striker, it's just his age means that he could soon be one of the best. I guess i'm saying that we want pretty instantaneous bloomers.... and currently, he's not defensively better than de jong or arguably equivalent to barry....

once the price is right ill even gift rap him , crossing needs work ,shot could be better an at times over dribbles when a simple pass or a cross would suffice. im not hating i actually like him but anything over 15mil i think city should take it an run.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.