Adam Johnson

Hate to say it because I like the guy, but he is at best an impact sub unless his game improves!

What pisses me off is this bullshit that he's not a regular started? So Everton will go for him in a loan deal!

Why don't they check there facts and LOOK at how many games he's starts..Before they come out with BULLSHIT like this!

Lancet Fluke said:
Murph said:
We need good solid back up players and AJ is one of those.

Totally agree, AJ is decent back up. So the question is how much is a good solid back up player worth because presumably back up players are far from indispensible and offers will be considered. I reckon anything over 15m has to be considered and 20m accepted. Obviously talk of 10m is silly, not nearly enough when Henderson goes for 20m.

Too bloody right!!

If Henderson is worth what the Dippers shelled out Adam is worth as much.

I still believe that Mancini is yet to fully appreciate his talent and just as important, he probably finds it difficult to admit he is not exactly sure where he should be playing, be it eith er wings or a more central role.

Can't let him go to Everton , Moyes would make him into a proper player and fulfil his potential then when he leaves them hell go back to being inconsistent again .. like Jo , who scored more in his first Everton game than he did in his city career , or Pienaar whos gone from being Evertons player of the season to Spurs worst player

He's had a dip in form, but everybody forgets he's a youngster. I was at the Galaxy match and he was woeful, more than anything he looked short of ideas. Hugging the touchline for possession and then doing nothing with it.
Bottom line is he's a talent, form is temporary, class is permanent...

smiles said:
He's had a dip in form, but everybody forgets he's a youngster. I was at the Galaxy match and he was woeful, more than anything he looked short of ideas. Hugging the touchline for possession and then doing nothing with it.

He is 24... not exactly a youngster is he now? He should be almost at his peak. To me when he starts a game he kind of seems to pace himself as if he is worried he will burn out quickly? But then he just plays like he is half-arsed the whole time.

next season really is make or break for the lad. people need to realise for all his talent, he's too much of an incomplete player for his age, that being said I think he'd benefit greatly from a change in position to a more central role. If I remember correctly he played there against Juventus(?) and looked brilliant, a completely different player. Instead of getting lost on the wings like he often does if he was played centrally his best assets could be utilised and the creative burden spread about abit and less concern if silva(not comparing them) is out. just hasn't got the pace to play out wide, but could still be a highly important player and a even big game player at that if this happens.

Chevelle said:
smiles said:

He is 24... not exactly a youngster is he now? He should be almost at his peak. To me when he starts a game he kind of seems to pace himself as if he is worried he will burn out quickly? But then he just plays like he is half-arsed the whole time.

Fair enough on the age. I guess he's not the complete winger many thought he was. I mostly think he's inconsistent more than anything, he scored some crackers last season, so he can do it...

LoveCity said:
Johnson was fine till his injury, in fact he was one of our best players before that for some time and also bagging goals. The injury seems to have derailed him massively, don't know what has happened.

This is simply not true.

Really not sure we should be judging the lad on his performances in early pre season friendly games ! He will be a useful member of our squad this year. Loan him to Everton? I wouldn't lend Moyes a box of used matches.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.