Adam Johnson

Status
Not open for further replies.
hgblue said:
Zin 'messiah' Zimmer said:
Hamann Pineapple said:
An approach has been made to Manchester City for Adam Johnson, who has grown discontent at his lack of playing time under Roberto Mancini.

While City are eager to rationalise a squad that costs them a record sum in wages, they are understood to have asked £15m for the England international.

Though Daniel Levy, the Tottenham chairman, does not want to meet that fee, he may be willing to go as high as £10m for the 25 year old, particularly if a buyer can be found for Aaron Lennon. Johnson is open to a move.

"I'm the kind of player that needs to be playing regularly," he said last week. "It would be nice to get a run of games with England and hopefully I can push on to the next qualifiers. I'm not sure if I'll get that chance at City."

I'd bite there hands off for lennon - in our team he'd be dynamite, fuck sinclair!!!

AJ is a better player than both of them.

Think we'll agree to disagree on that fella - lennon is twice the player of AJ imo, his delivery has come on leaps and bounds in the last 2 years!!!

Shooter 83 said:
Love how spurs always try buying players on the cheap yet ask silly money whenever they sell. I fucking hate that Club!!

Yep we can tell em what price we want for AJ and apparently it's 15m?! We should of started at 25m and negotiate it down to 15m and feel pissed off we got 15m! Thats whats Levy does 40 fucking Million for Modric yeah right Real Madrid will pay around 27m

deano ou812 said:
Spurs off to the worst possible start,panic stations and will be desperate to bring more players in,we not spurs are in the driving seat over johnson,their needs are greater start the bidding at 15mill and take it from there.....
Loved how they looked clueless and lacked a leader. AVB is not going to make it at the top in England. He doesn't transmit any fire into the belly of the players. The players end up playing for themselves. I'd bet they'll win the games they get 2-0 up in, draw anything they are only 1-0 up in and lose anything else. AVB is like Hughes.

If they want Johnson 15m should be the absolute minimum. We worked with them with Adebayor but they couldn't play fair. Now again they want charity. F* em. They are becoming more desperate by the day.

BTW I don't see AJ as a winger, he's neither tricky or fast enough. I see him as a forward, like Aguero. His timing of runs is excellent and he has a great touch and eye for goal. He should be going to a team with an excellent playmaker...like Arsenal (Cazorla). If he plays as a winger at Sunderland or Spurs he will drift out of games more often than not. He's just not a good enough midfielder.

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.goal.com/en-gb/news/2896/premier-league/2012/08/18/3316108/sunderland-on-the-verge-of-11m-deal-for-manchester-city?source=breakingnews" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.goal.com/en-gb/news/2896/pre ... eakingnews</a>

Sunderland are on the verge of signing Manchester City outcast Adam Johnson for a fee that could eventually rise to £11 million.

Talks between the champions and the club who Johnson supported as a boy are already at an advanced stage and the former Middlesbrough player is expected to complete a move back to the North East early next week.

The 25-year-old is yet to agree personal terms with Sunderland, who would be open to taking the player on a 12-month loan deal should they be unable to come close to matching his £75,000-a-week wages, although City are not keen on that option.

TonyM said:
deano ou812 said:
Spurs off to the worst possible start,panic stations and will be desperate to bring more players in,we not spurs are in the driving seat over johnson,their needs are greater start the bidding at 15mill and take it from there.....
Loved how they looked clueless and lacked a leader. AVB is not going to make it at the top in England. He doesn't transmit any fire into the belly of the players. The players end up playing for themselves. I'd bet they'll win the games they get 2-0 up in, draw anything they are only 1-0 up in and lose anything else. AVB is like Hughes.

If they want Johnson 15m should be the absolute minimum. We worked with them with Adebayor but they couldn't play fair. Now again they want charity. F* em. They are becoming more desperate by the day.

BTW I don't see AJ as a winger, he's neither tricky or fast enough. I see him as a forward, like Aguero. His timing of runs is excellent and he has a great touch and eye for goal. He should be going to a team with an excellent playmaker...like Arsenal (Cazorla). If he plays as a winger at Sunderland or Spurs he will drift out of games more often than not. He's just not a good enough midfielder.
We could always say to levy, there you go you can have johnson and adebayor,and we'll take bale,thats a fair trade in my eyes....

zeven said:
Shooter 83 said:
Love how spurs always try buying players on the cheap yet ask silly money whenever they sell. I fucking hate that Club!!
exactly, grrr i hate that club. Hope we tell levy to fuck off
Spurs is a horrible shitty club with shitty fans and a shitty stadium. I just wish Marwood would tell them to fuck off and refuse to sell them Adebayor no matter what. They have well and truly took the piss out of us with this transfer and its time we told them to fuck off. The fact they are not willing to sign a proven premier league goalscorer (their best striker last season) for 5 million and yet won't offload Pavyluchenko for less than 10 million and Pienaar for less than 5 million takes the absolute piss.

As for Johnson demand 25 million for him, lets treat other clubs the way they treat us. If Downing is worth 20 million and Bebe is worth 12 million then OUR valuation should be 25 million. I highly doubt we would get that sort of money for him but we should milk club for every last penny when they want our players.

city91 said:
zeven said:
Shooter 83 said:
Spurs is a horrible shitty club with shitty fans and a shitty stadium. I just wish Marwood would tell them to fuck off and refuse to sell them Adebayor no matter what. They have well and truly took the piss out of us with this transfer and its time we told them to fuck off. The fact they are not willing to sign a proven premier league goalscorer (their best striker last season) for 5 million and yet won't offload Pavyluchenko for less than 10 million and Pienaar for less than 5 million takes the absolute piss.

As for Johnson demand 25 million for him, lets treat other clubs the way they treat us. If Downing is worth 20 million and Bebe is worth 12 million then OUR valuation should be 25 million. I highly doubt we would get that sort of money for him but we should milk club for every last penny when they want our players.

Spot fucking ON!!

Sunderland on the verge of £11m deal for Manchester City outcast Johnson - Goal.com

By Greg Stobart

Sunderland are on the verge of signing Manchester City outcast Adam Johnson for a fee that could eventually rise to £11 million.

Talks between the champions and the club who Johnson supported as a boy are already at an advanced stage and the former Middlesbrough player is expected to complete a move back to the North East early next week.

The 25-year-old is yet to agree personal terms with Sunderland, who would be open to taking the player on a 12-month loan deal should they be unable to come close to matching his £75,000-a-week wages, although City are not keen on that option.

Johnson, 25, was part of City's Premier League title-winning squad last season but has not started a top-flight game since March and expressed his dissatisfaction at the situation after he impressed during England's 2-1 win over Italy in midweek.

"I'm the kind of player that needs to be playing regularly. Any player does, really, no matter what age they are. I need to play week-in week-out," he said.

"You can't just go into one game after not having played for five and be expected to perform. I'm not sure if I'll get that chance at City."

Johnson moved to the Etihad Stadium in January 2010 and quickly established himself as one as the most exciting attacking talents in the country.

But his relationship with Roberto Mancini has never been a smooth one, with the Italian rarely trusting the winger to start City's pivotal matches.

Sunderland, who began their Premier League campaign with an encouraging goalless draw away against Arsenal on Saturday, have been quiet in the transfer market so far this summer, recruiting only Carlos Cuellar and Louis Saha on free transfers.

city91 said:
zeven said:
Shooter 83 said:

Pure Poetry!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.