Adam Johnson

Status
Not open for further replies.
oakiecokie said:
gio's side step said:
BringBackSwales said:
well obviously I don't know anything like as much as you do about these things, but yes he would not be coming if Bobby did not want him - what Bobby will see in him that he does not see in AJ is the ability to WORK VERY HARD - that is what pisses Bobby off about Adam, and that is why Adam has not made the full breakthrough at Manchester City - and as much as it pains me to say it (as AJ has huge talent), Bobby is right, work ethic and attitude are AJ's big issues and he has had 2 and a half years with Bobby to put it right, and he hasn't (in my opinion)

Sinclair is no more a Mancini signing than AJ was himself. Marwood is behind this. Mancini was only our manager for 2 minutes when we signed AJ. He would have known little about the championship (where we signed him from). The reason this will happen is because (a) Mancini has openly admitted Marwood is the person we should speak to re: signings indicating Marwood has the power to make this happen and (b) because Mancini is probably thinking Marwood signed AJ so Marwood can replace him.

I'm not saying there arent merits to the work ethic argument. But its become silly and accelerated into a huge anti johnson sentiment based on the fact we have now started masturbating over better players i.e. Silva, Nasri, Yaya. Johnson is not in that bracket, but he offers us excellent dribbling ability and width when playing sides who sit deep (and when our first choice eleven cant break down the opposition). He also offers us (a) over 70 appearances at the highest level (b) greater international experience than Sinclair at this moment in time and (c) already part of the winning squad/group.

I'm not advocating some 'we must keep johnson campaign' on here. Of course we should improve and sign better players. Hazard for example is a better player. But replacing him with Sinclair is ridiculous and a silly Marwood signing.

What a bag of bollocks !

You believe Mancini was the man behind signing Adam Johnson one month after he arrived at City?

-- Tue Aug 21, 2012 12:40 pm --

BringBackSwales said:
If anyone thinks that Marwood is signing Sinclair without Bobby's approval they are barking - Bobby is pretty emotional, and very open - given what has happened recently, you really think Bobby would say nothing if a player was brought in without his say so? Lay off the fucking wine gums son

I wasn't suggesting Marwood is holding a fucking gun to Mancini's head. The club will look at players, create a dossier based on certain attributes and what the squad needs. However, I believe we will have a strategy that will consist of 1st choice and 2nd choice targets. Mancini will be more involved in certain targets/signings, i.e. Balotelli, De Rossi, RVP Yaya, Aguero and I think part of Marwood's role is to also have a say in terms of signing younger english talent. I believe he was the one advocating the likes of AJ, Milner, Rodwell and now Sinclair. It's my opinion based on noises I've heard from the club, Mancini and general press who report on City. I might be wrong. Which is fine. But I believe Marwood is the one advocating Sinclair. And Mancini left frustrated we havent got his major targets.

In other words, had we signed Hazard, I doubt we'd be after Sinclair regardless of AJ. Nor would this whole 'we think Sinclair is an excellent prospect' be materialising on here. It's all fickle

gio's side step said:
oakiecokie said:
gio's side step said:
Sinclair is no more a Mancini signing than AJ was himself. Marwood is behind this. Mancini was only our manager for 2 minutes when we signed AJ. He would have known little about the championship (where we signed him from). The reason this will happen is because (a) Mancini has openly admitted Marwood is the person we should speak to re: signings indicating Marwood has the power to make this happen and (b) because Mancini is probably thinking Marwood signed AJ so Marwood can replace him.

I'm not saying there arent merits to the work ethic argument. But its become silly and accelerated into a huge anti johnson sentiment based on the fact we have now started masturbating over better players i.e. Silva, Nasri, Yaya. Johnson is not in that bracket, but he offers us excellent dribbling ability and width when playing sides who sit deep (and when our first choice eleven cant break down the opposition). He also offers us (a) over 70 appearances at the highest level (b) greater international experience than Sinclair at this moment in time and (c) already part of the winning squad/group.

I'm not advocating some 'we must keep johnson campaign' on here. Of course we should improve and sign better players. Hazard for example is a better player. But replacing him with Sinclair is ridiculous and a silly Marwood signing.

What a bag of bollocks !

You believe Mancini was the man behind signing Adam Johnson one month after he arrived at City?

And what if he wasn`t ? Fees etc could have been well in place before he arrived and it was Hughes that wanted him.No-one knows its all speculative.
Do you honestly believe for one moment that Marwood is forcing Bobbys hand to take players he is not interested in ?
Bloody hell get a grip on a reality check.

oakiecokie said:
gio's side step said:
oakiecokie said:
What a bag of bollocks !

And what if he wasn`t ? Fees etc could have been well in place before he arrived and it was Hughes that wanted him.No-one knows its all speculative.
Do you honestly believe for one moment that Marwood is forcing Bobbys hand to take players he is not interested in ?

Read my post above

gio's side step said:
oakiecokie said:
gio's side step said:

Read my post above

And re-read mine again about speculation on your part.

oakiecokie said:
gio's side step said:
oakiecokie said:

Read my post above

It's a forum. The whole transfer forum is speculation. It's my opinion. I've watched Mancini sit in press conferences and basically tell the press to speak to Marwood. His demeanour was frustration. To repeat. I'm not suggesting some wild theory that Mancini doesnt sign players. Rather Marwood is a key part in recruiting the younger English players. It's not that Mancini is not interested in Sinclair whatsoever. Rather frustrated that his main target(s) have not materialised thus we are now going after poorer options

BringBackSwales said:
If anyone thinks that Marwood is signing Sinclair without Bobby's approval they are barking - Bobby is pretty emotional, and very open - given what has happened recently, you really think Bobby would say nothing if a player was brought in without his say so? Lay off the fucking wine gums son

Of course he would have his approval - but the question is who else did we miss out on? Do you really think Sinclair was the number two target after Hazard?

gio's side step said:
oakiecokie said:
gio's side step said:
Read my post above

It's a forum. The whole transfer forum is speculation. It's my opinion. I've watched Mancini sit in press conferences and basically tell the press to speak to Marwood. His demeanour was frustration. To repeat. I'm not suggesting some wild theory that Mancini doesnt sign players. Rather Marwood is a key part in recruiting the younger English players. It's not that Mancini is not interested in Sinclair whatsoever. Rather frustrated that his main target(s) have not materialised thus we are now going after poorer options

Then perhaps in future Mancini should set his sights on realistic targets.All players we sign do not have to world superstars.

oakiecokie said:
gio's side step said:
oakiecokie said:

Then perhaps in future Mancini should set his sights on realistic targets.All players we sign do not have to world superstars.

They have to be of quality in terms of improving on what we have. Either exceptional young players. CL players. Or proven PL players. Also what is the point of the youth set up at City?

argyle said:
BringBackSwales said:

Of course he would have his approval - but the question is who else did we miss out on? Do you really think Sinclair was the number two target after Hazard?

That is certainly the question to be asked. Kind of like when we got Hargreaves when we missed out on De Rossi last season..
Mancini would give his approval, albeit a grudging one, on alternatives when he doesn't get the players he wants. But imo, he treats these alternatives a lot more strictly than his hand-picked choices. Better to give him what he wants, and a lot of fans would also agree if these choices were world-class players..

From the way City's transfer window is going, it looks like Marwood selects players based on statistics like Opta stats, while Mancini bases his choices on his acumen and previous experience. If so, it will be a long while before they will both agree on the same player..

I wasn't suggesting Marwood is holding a fucking gun to Mancini's head. The club will look at players, create a dossier based on certain attributes and what the squad needs. However, I believe we will have a strategy that will consist of 1st choice and 2nd choice targets. Mancini will be more involved in certain targets/signings, i.e. Balotelli, De Rossi, RVP Yaya, Aguero and I think part of Marwood's role is to also have a say in terms of signing younger english talent. I believe he was the one advocating the likes of AJ, Milner, Rodwell and now Sinclair. It's my opinion based on noises I've heard from the club, Mancini and general press who report on City. I might be wrong. Which is fine. But I believe Marwood is the one advocating Sinclair. And Mancini left frustrated we havent got his major targets.

You are delirious.

You have no evidence for this other than blind love for Mancini.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.