Adam Johnson

Status
Not open for further replies.
Was open to him leaving as part of a deal to land Agger but a straight sale makes no sense unless Johnson is demanding it. I know Johnson wants more 1st team time than he is likely to get with us but we need cover and he also provides a different option for us out wide. He is also great coming in late when the opposition is tired.

In the end its up to the club to man manage a guy like this about his role and place on the team. I assumed they've tried and maybe Johnson just plain wants out.

I only want players who want to be here.

I think he will prove to be one of the best wingers in the league if he is playing week and week out.

its hard being in and out of the team and expecting to perform at a high level

arsenalrob said:
I think he will prove to be one of the best wingers in the league if he is playing week and week out.

You have probably not watched him much apart from match of the day, he will never be a top winger as he has no pace which means he cant play on the left and on the right all he does is cut in making it very easy for defenders to stop him. I had enough of him after Sunderland away last year when he couldn't get past there 3rd choice left back once.

greasedupdeafguy said:
arsenalrob said:

You have probably not watched him much apart from match of the day, he will never be a top winger as he has no pace which means he cant play on the left and on the right all he does is cut in making it very easy for defenders to stop him. I had enough of him after Sunderland away last year when he couldn't get past there 3rd choice left back once.

you dont have to have bags of pace to be a top quality winger.

bluebannana said:
greasedupdeafguy said:
arsenalrob said:

True but if you don't have pace you need lots of skill to beat people with and Johnson doesn't have that.

arsenalrob said:

Only on MOTD highlights he looks one of the best!

bluebannana said:
greasedupdeafguy said:
arsenalrob said:

no but it would help if he worked a bit harder - having little pace and little work ethic is not the best combination (is it?)

Why do people presume he doesn't work hard. He is a great player and I will be really sad to see him go.

Since being with us he has got himself in the England set up and he has won an FA Cup Medal and helped us win the Premiership. We will also make a healthy profit on him.

i wish him all the best.

He's a more gifted footballer than Sinclair that's for sure but i get the impression that he thins he has made it sadly.

ifiwasarichfan said:
Why do people presume he doesn't work hard. He is a great player and I will be really sad to see him go.

Since being with us he has got himself in the England set up and he has won an FA Cup Medal and helped us win the Premiership. We will also make a healthy profit on him.

i wish him all the best.
Apparently he spent to much time clubbing and drinking according to Mancini.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.