Adam Johnson's Borrowed Time

kennycar said:
He has played better than Silva last couple of months. Don't get me wrong, I love Silva just as much as everyone else but if a player that has proved themselves to be brilliant makes a mistake we ignore it but if a Johnson or Dzeko or Savic does we jump on them a little too quickly. Johnson has played allright last few months. When we were playing badly he was the only one making runs which Silva nearly found him a couple of times and on another occaision could have been a goal. I also believe Silva hasn't been playing that well because there's been no-one making runs. We need someone with a little positivity now and again. Like Johnson is.

*Dies*

He doesn't really do much, does he? He dribbles at defenders but gone are the days he can take it past them, he just turns around and plays it back to one of the sitting midfielders, very frustrating.

Has to go for me never really rated him, he is so one dimensional and mid table player at best.

Hopefully Liverpool will be interested and then we can rake in £15m + for him.

Mancini has been right all along about him he doesn't work hard enough and is only good coming of the bench but the majority slated Mancini because of what he said and now everybody agrees.

anthonydunn87 said:
Has to go for me never really rated him, he is so one dimensional and mid table player at best.

Hopefully Liverpool will be interested and then we can rake in £15m + for him.

Mancini has been right all along about him he doesn't work hard enough and is only good coming of the bench but the majority slated Mancini because of what he said and now everybody agrees.
No, not everybody agrees. In Bobby we trust but I still like Johnno.

I think the problem with Adam Johnson is his pace, or lack of it. He looks laboured when he runs, not athletic. He's a good dribler but I think he needs to stay off the XbOX as he always looks knackered and pale, either that or he has another problem somewhere. He's just so slow off the mark when a quick reaction is needed. You might be right, and my mate will hate me for this as he loves him, he might go in the summer.........

He is certainly struggling a lot and seems to be regressing if anything.

I want him to do well but if he goes on the transfer list i would understand why Mancini did it.

RyantheBlue said:
I can't now see why anyone would have any remained faith in Adam Johnson.
He's not had a performance that could even be stated as 'good' for over a year.

This isn't knee-jerk, it's been going on for a very long time, and tonight was yet another example.

He's got talent, we've all seen it, but he looks lazy, effortless and generally he's done nothing for a very long time in a blue shirt. The occasional goal when a game is sealed doesn't quite cut it either. He needs to improve massively and we need to sign a winger that will actually cross the ball and take men on, before Johnson no longer does either.

I WISH we could have that lad we signed 2 years ago who literally couldn't wait to take 2 or 3 men on, the lad who won penalties because no-one could see which way he was going, but he's disappeared. Stephen Ireland syndrome.

It's funny you mention Ireland as he came to mind last night when I was watching Johnson. I don't think he is mentally strong enough to go where we want to go. He should be getting better and better in this team but he isnt. The little look up every time a move breaks down at his feet is a clear give-away that he cant hack it. He'll leave and probably do quite well at a slightly lesser level but it's a shame he didnt do it here.

what certainly hasn't helped him, is his attitude and lifestyle off the pitch.

He left Boro as a good young rookie coming to the big lights, 8 months later he turned himself into thinking he was a top notch celebrity and a proper class player.

Read his own press, became arrogant and cocky. Saw his arse because mancini told him the real truth, no one's fault but his own.

and a majority of the above isn't guesswork, some is facts and answers from people close to the Johnson camp i know.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.