Adam Johnson's Borrowed Time

He'll be quality in a side that teams don't park the bus the lad needs space not 2 to 3 players in front of him that's why he mostly always passes it in field when he has the ball

Reminds me very much of David Wagstaffe when he was at City.

Brilliant on his day, but average much of the time, needs to up his game and work much harder......

Has potential to be a very very good player.

He doesn't seem to be getting anywhere and that is no ones fault but his own. I don't know ANYTHING about his lifestyle or his apparent 'cockiness', all I judge him on is his body language, and he hasn't seemed happy here for months. Even after signing a new long term contract it's been difficult to get him to smile. Seeing him with his arms crossed as he waited to come on vs Chelsea (I think) told me all I needed to know. Why give him a long term contract?

ColinBellsjockstrap said:
Reminds me very much of David Wagstaffe when he was at City.

Brilliant on his day, but average much of the time, needs to up his game and work much harder......

Has potential to be a very very good player.

Fair comment about Waggy - I was only a nipper when he was at City and I thought every player was brilliant, every game. Looking back, he certainly didn't set the world alight after he left us and I can see Adam going the same way.

I don't see Adam being at City next season - He's certainly not top class, he lacks the flexibility of (say) James Milner, and he looks a typical mid-league (Villa or Liverpool - possibly Stoke) player to me. I can only imagine the new contract will allow him to speak to clubs who offer over around 8 million. The first such offer will see him off.

I dont think its his attitude as he certainly works hard on the pitch trying to track back I just think hes a bit out of his depth. I would sell in the summer make a small profit on him and bring in new winger or 2.

greasedupdeafguy said:
I dont think its his attitude as he certainly works hard on the pitch trying to track back I just think hes a bit out of his depth. I would sell in the summer make a small profit on him and bring in new winger or 2.

We should offer him to Sunderland, with Bridge, in a part ex for James Maclean.

peterctid said:
greasedupdeafguy said:

James Mclean would be wank for us mate, seriously.

Josh Blue said:
peterctid said:
greasedupdeafguy said:

James Mclean would be wank for us mate, seriously.

At least he can beat his man and cross-however, we need width, but in Jonnos defence, only one winger is easy to mark out of a game.

peterctid said:
greasedupdeafguy said:

We can (and will) get players who are a LOT better than James Maclean - He wouldn't even get on the bench.

Sunderland would have to offer £10million+++ along with McClean but I doubt we'd want McClean, he's a dime a dozen "pretty good" mid-table young player, ala Barry Bannan and Graham Dorrans. We should be looking at £15million MINIMUM for Johnson, he's nothing special but most clubs don't realise that, and with him being a winger and England international, the standard has been set - £20million for mediocrity personified, Stewart Downing.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.