Adam Johnson's Borrowed Time

am i the only one here who wants him to stay?

as someone has said he will be great at another team and i think its mancini who has ruined him.

for me it looks like hes been told to keep it simple and dont lose the ball which goes against the grain in the way he plays.

hes a flair player who thrives on confidence but is being restricted by mancini.
he wants to try and go past his man but is scared of failing and risking a fucking by bobby and then subbed so he rarely takes the risk,you can see this in the amount of backward passes he makes thse days this inturn makes him look unremarkable when he plays.

I dont know what the answer is for adam but he clearly isnt in mancinis plans and is only played to satisfy the fans

I think he is a very good player, people have very short memories it wasnt too long ago that there was a clamour for Mancini to play him every week.

Its clear to me that the main thing missing from his game is confidence, we need to keep the faith and we will see the old adam johnson who demonstrates his quality week in and week out rather than the flashes of quality we are getting at the moment like the backheel against bolton for example.

He can't cross, knows stepovers and cutting inside before shooting and... that's about it. Instinct says this supposed attitude will ensure he asks to start more matches and will then ask to leave because he doesn't get the assurances he craves. No great loss when he goes to Villa or Sunderland.

Can anyone name the last full back that he properly beat ? He is so one dimensional i could mark him out of a game. Would like to see him on the left a bit more however.

As much as I like him I am starting to agree with the majority that really we should try and sell him as I reckon we'd get a decent price considering he's English, a winger, Looks good on youtube and the media can have a little rave about him.

Though the fact we lack width to a criminal degree, he gets one with everyone and knows whats expected of him means I won't mind if we keep him. Though I'd be angry if we sell him and don't get a new winger.

St Helens Blue (Exiled) said:
Zero pace.
Zero affect on a game that he has started in recent times.

Sell for a good price and try to get a world class winger.

exactly. We should be looking for the best, Valencia is a better player, as is Bale, Lavezzi and Muniain. He is part of a squad that aim is to win the league on a regular basis and the champions league, does anyone seriously think he will be the player that tips the balance in our favour? We need a front 3 who will always put immense pressure on the opposition's defence when they have the ball. That is what made Tevez such an asset, Lavezzi has the same attitude, as does Muniain, those two along with Martinez, Cissokho, T Silva and Dede would be my 6 in over the summer. Johnson, Ade, RSC and Kolo may leave, I would love to see Bale, but would he be value for money?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.