Adam Wharton

They're completely different players. One is an attacking midfielder and one is a holding midfielder.

Palace paid £20m for him as a 19 year old 6 months later he is being linked with the best team in the world at £55m. How.much sooner did you want teams to gamble?
It is too much of step to expect Wharton to slot in our midfield after only 19 games in the Premier League. Especially at a club who was in relegation battle. McAtee is perfect for our current requirements and has cost us nothing.

It is too much of step to expect Wharton to slot in our midfield after only 19 games in the Premier League. Especially at a club who was in relegation battle. McAtee is perfect for our current requirements and has cost us nothing.
He’s perfect to play some minutes and learn the role whilst giving Rodri some rest against the poorer teams.

Mcatee is completely irrelevant to us looking at a defensive midfielder? It's like saying we shouldn't have gone for Rodri as we had Foden.

A relegation battle? They finished 23 points clear of relegation, they were closer to a champions league position (19 points) - you're having a nightmare here.

He’s perfect to play some minutes and learn the role whilst giving Rodri some rest against the poorer teams.
He’ll learn more at Palace than a year mainly sat on our bench. Which seems to be the clubs opinion too. Or we don’t think he’s the best fit for us which is also possible. Either way we don’t seem to want him this summer.

He’ll learn more at Palace than a year mainly sat on our bench. Which seems to be the clubs opinion too. Or we don’t think he’s the best fit for us which is also possible. Either way we don’t seem to want him this summer.
or palace and him dont want us.

Maybe, but he won’t be learning our system there.

As you say though, if we wanted him, we’d have bought him, so it looks unlikely he’s coming.

If he blossoms this season, not buying him now will cost us £40-50m extra next summer, should we want him.

or palace and him dont want us.
Possibly, in fact lots of possibilities really, one may be we have spoken to him and / or Palace and said we have a strong interest but are happy to wait a year while he gets games. ,and they may be too. Could explain why nobody else has really tried for him if he wants us and has made it clear.All guess work and conjecture obviously.

Some getting a bit over excited on the basis of 15 or so PL fixtures. I didn’t even notice this guy when we turned up & beat them 4-2 in April.
We don’t need a Rodri replacement who can step in for 10 games a season, we need another world class midfielder who will play regularly alongside Rodri & who can also play his role when Rodri needs a rest.
I doubt we will get the quality we need if we approach it from the stand in for Rodri scenario. Who, with the required ability, will come here knowing they are only playing 10-15 have a season?
We’ve got the money, we need to spend it on a top class midfielder who is capable of being a regular starter. I’ve no idea who that is, best left to the City hierarchy…perhaps this guy will be that player. He’s young and will likely be okay with playing less games initially?
There, I’m contradicting myself.

You never noticed him? He had a great game, particularly first half against us.

I am not saying he is good enough currently for us but he definitely stood out that day.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.