Adam Wharton

Then McAtee is another you've hardly watched. Pep is a genius but even he couldn't turn McAtee in to a 6. Why would he want to he's got the potential to be a great player for City in the role he's played his whole career - a role that hasn't remotely been as a 6.
Pep isn’t happy with McAtee’s defensive work as an 8. He’s literally seen more of a 6 in Nico O’Reilly, an EDS forward.

I think half the issue is that most of the 6 role goes under the radar and players like McAtee show flashy stuff, so some fans are drawn to that type of player.

I have seen him a lot and he is just as talented as Wharton and he has cost us nothing.
Totally agree with you but it's completely irrelivent as they play completely different positions. You may as well say we s shouldn't sign Wharton because Ortega is a great keeper.

If we are in for Wharton it's because we think he can back up Rodri. It won't make a difference to McAtee or Ortega.

Pep isn’t happy with McAtee’s defensive work as an 8. He’s literally seen more of a 6 in Nico O’Reilly, an EDS forward.

I think half the issue is that most of the 6 role goes under the radar and players like McAtee show flashy stuff, so some fans are drawn to that type of player.
Exactly anyone who thinks McAtee will ever be a 6 hasn't watched him play enough. His defensive capabilities are the only reason he doesn't make it at City, not the reason he does.

Last edited:
Exactly anyone whonthink McAtee will ever be a 6 hasn't watched him play enough. His defensive capabilities are the only reason he doesn't make it at City, not the reason he does.
I don't think Wharton has much defensive capablities either but each to their own. Give Wharton a full season at Palace and then reasses.

I don't think Wharton has much defensive capablities either but each to their own. Give Wharton a full season at Palace and then reasses.
I think your opinion on Wharton will be different this time next year, whatever club he is at.

It will stay the same to be honest. I don't think he is highly talented. Same with Bellingham.
Bellingham was exposed as potentially a good player by substantially better players at the Euros.

His temperament and team play need to change significantly.

Exactly anyone whonthink McAtee will ever be a 6 hasn't watched him play enough. His defensive capabilities are the only reason he doesn't make it at City, not the reason he does.

Just a week ago he was better than Alvarez as well, so I can see why McAtee is the answer to everything. If Ederson had left, I am sure people would he arguing he could be a great keeper, if Pep played him there.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.