Adam Wharton

Why would Crystal Palace, particularly under Glasner, want Kalvin Phillips?
He is, or was, an established international. Unfortunately it’s turned out he’s not at our level, but , with all respect, he might be at palaces level. Certain players suit certain clubs, if we offer Phillips + a big chunk of change, who knows!!?????

Wharton would be a great signing, but I can't see if happening this summer. As for sending Phillips in part exchange, dream on...

Depends on if they give Glasner all the money on then some? Olise and Eze will bring them in say £130m ish if both go, Wharton maybe £65-70m? That’s £200m right there let alone anymore that they already promised him?

He is, or was, an established international. Unfortunately it’s turned out he’s not at our level, but , with all respect, he might be at palaces level. Certain players suit certain clubs, if we offer Phillips + a big chunk of change, who knows!!?????

Glasner was pretty outspoken when he first joined Palace about how unfit the team was and how much work there was to do on that front. Seems to have paid off as they were the form team by the end of last season and there's a lot of optimism around the club. I honestly can't see them being in the market for player who hasn't had a good game in over two years, is perpetually unfit and flopped at West Ham last year. I think Glasner would probably prefer to go with a lesser known prospect who is hungry to improve and will be on more than half the wages.

A word in favour of Wharton.
My Blackburn supporting mate kept telling me to get City interested because the lad has class. He has been supporting the Rovers for over 50 years. So I watched Wharton playing for the exciting Palace side. Lad has good positional sense, is a reliable hub for his team mates to find, a fast control and and accurate pass record. Unlike Manoo, and Rice to a lesser extent, Adam can pass a ball forward, he is not a Ray Wlkins clone! Check the Palace fan ratings on the BBC Sport and he is always near the top.
I doubt if the England manager will pick Wharton for the remaining Euro games - better to stick with those you trust. But agent Foden, agent Walker and agent Stones will all be reporting back from the England camp, and they will certainly be impressed. My newspaper reports that he passed his GCSE school exams without any revision and, as we all know, intelligence helps towards a long and succesful career in this game. At City, any youngster can only be improved by our brilliant coaches and I am not alone in thinking that the sky is the limit for Adam.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.